Summary Logistics Operations Specialist Chantilly, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For nearly a decade, Chenega Technical Innovations (CTI) has been an industry leader in the federal small business marketplace, providing agencies and commercial customers with tomorrow's solutions in Integration and IT. Today, CTI possesses hundreds of employees and dozens of operations, integrating federal and DoD programs and capabilities around the world.
The Logistics Operations Specialist
will be responsible for ensuring logistics effectiveness by providing operational logistics and IT support to programs that are executed in the ChenegaTI Integration Facility. The Logistics Operations Specialist
will work with the PMO and WMO teams to contribute to the development and implementation of facility logistics operations and prioritization of work to satisfy program deliverables IAW contract requirements. Responsibilities
- Ensuredaily logistics operations for the ChenegaTI Integration Facility that are updated and completed as required.
- Work to complete kitting operations assigned by program and contract managers.
- Coordinate regularly with program leadership and staff as well as customers if required, to ensure the operational logistics schedule is in line with the program deliverable schedule.
- Assist with operations for integration facility logistics requirements to include the following:
- Manage ILS/IPR support in the form of Total Package Fielding, Manual Validation/Verifications, and attend and provide support for the Logistic Demonstrations, and New Materiel Information Briefings (NMIB).
- Update ILS/IPR documentation.
- Coordinate material releases.
- Prepare briefings and presentations.
- Attend ILS/IPR meetings.
- Provide services for conducting supporting IPRs, including drafting, editing, reviewing commenting on supportability, testing, the basis of issue plans, and integration documentation.
- Provide ancillary items and equipment support.
- Test and update SOPs as required.
- Prepare equipment for shipment following applicable MIL standards.
- Install and update equipment software and hardware as needed.
- Staff and Intern training support.
- Weekly activity reports and monthly status reports as required.
- Create and Track RFID tags and tracking of shipments.
- Responsible for establishing, and maintaining a database to order, store, track, and issue ancillary items with defense distribution depots to support PD CTIS' fielding activities.
- Maintain current relevancy of emerging logistics concepts and technology.
- Act as Primary POC for logistics tasking from PEO and other higher headquarters.
- Serve as backup POC for material release tracking for PD CTIS.
- Act as liaison between the PM and CECOM MR office.
- Query PD CTIS' product directors for MR forecasts, updates to forecasts, updates to get well plans for other than full materiel release, consolidate all materiel release actions, and modify work orders for systems before fielding.
- Responsible for all completing task order CDRLs.
- Represent the company with its major customers and business partners specific to the integration facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree
- High school diploma or GED and 2+ additional years of experience instead of a degree is accepted
- 2+ years of DoD-related acquisition experience as pertains to logistics and the processes in the fielding of systems
- Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Must be able to image and update drivers for computers.
- Must have a working understanding and experience with closed servers, including having them created DD1149s and signed by the relevant government POCs.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with MIL Standards 129 and 130.
- Strong oral and written communications skills as well as strong customer service experience.
- Military background or experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to image, and update drivers, and possess good IT computer skills.
- Travel is limited to a 30-mile radius of the Chantilly, VA address.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition T eam
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Technical Innovations, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program