Adventist Imaging Services seeks to hire an experienced Lead Certified Medical Assistant for our Rockville, MD location who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental, and spiritual healing.
As a Lead Medical Assistant you will:
• Communicate with the Practice Manager on issues that impact the site and areas of needed support.
• Train and onboard new Medical Assistants at the practice site and providing retraining when indicated; Provide ongoing support, guidance, and retraining to front end employees at the site in areas such as scheduling, patient calls, and other front-end operations.
• Assist with the deployment of new workflows; Manage the practice site's medical assistant coverage schedule.
• Ensure standardized workflows are being implemented by the medical assistant team.
• Manage medication, immunization, and medical supply inventory; Communicate with the Practice Manager when an order needs to be placed.
• Provide feedback to the Practice Manager on Medical Assistants' performance; Address patient complaints and questions and escalate to the Practice Manager when needed.
• Assist with the maintenance of medical equipment, troubleshooting breakdowns, and coordinating repair; Submit facilities and IT tickets for the practice site when needed.
• Prepare patients and assist clinicians in the exam rooms; Accurately document and record patient examination, treatment, and test results into EMR in accordance with department policy.
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; comply with legal regulations; Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient health information confidential.
• Assist providers with referrals.
• Follow CDC isolation guidelines, infection control practices, demonstrate appropriate use of PPE, perform hand washing according to policy and enforce safety regulations.
• Prepare, clean, and stock exam rooms; Work in coordination with other staff to ensure patient satisfaction and office efficiencies.
• High school diploma or GED required
• 3 years' experience in a clinical environment required
• Current Certified Medical Assistant required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
• Knowledge in both front-end and back-end operations.
• Sterile technique, surgical instrumentation, medical supplies & equipment.
• Computer knowledge and typing skills.
• Strong customer service skills .
• Ability to multi-task and maintain professionalism in stressful situations.
• Familiarity with medical office procedures and practice management software.
• Familiarity with medical terminology, CPT & ICD coding, and insurance requirements.
• Ability to process requests efficiently and promptly.
• Ability to abide by HIPAA, OSHA, and Adventist HealthCare policies and procedures.
Monda- Friday 8:00a-4:30pAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.