The High School Lead Administrator assists the Executive Principal and Campus Administrator in leading the daily operations and student support services of the campus, as well as collaborates with all building administrators and teachers to ensure the operations of the campus are well-planned and efficient in the delivery of student services and overall support.
This job reports to the Campus Administrator, designee of the High School Executive Principal. Qualifications Education:
Master's degree or certification in Educational Leadership. Certificates & Licenses:
Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one, with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision.Experience:
- Administrative and teaching experience related to working in socio-economically and culturally diverse school settings.
- Documented experience in leading secondary educational program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, administrators, families, and community members.
- Experience in leading operations and facilities management of an educational facility.
- Works directly with the ACHS, and Campus Administrator in ensuring all daily tasks of campus operations are planned and executed safely and efficiently.
- Collaborates with the Executive Principal and Campus Administrator(s) to ensure that all students succeed in a rigorous, engaging, authentic, and personalized learning environment.
- Ensures that all aspects of school operations (including physical building, safety and security, crisis management, budget, transportation, food service, building use and access, extracurricular activities, and school/community relations) run productively and efficiently.
- Collaborates with other campus administrator (s) and lead administrators to ensure the success of intercampus operations.
- Completes annual safety audit, updates crisis plan, and trains students and staff to conduct required safety drills.
- Acts as liaison between the school campus and the ACPS, Offices of Facilities & Operations, and Safety & Security.
- Serves as the administrator designee when the Campus Administrator is absent.
- Collaborates with ACHS administration to assign rooms and workstations during the development of the master schedule.
- Submits and ensures completion of all work orders. Collaborates with contractors and furniture suppliers to ensure classrooms are functional and well equipped.
- Facilitates problem-solving and decision-making on a daily basis, including ongoing collaboration with all campuses, campus administrators, and other leaders, to ensure effective daily operations.
- Collaborates with Central Office personnel, school staff, students, community representatives, and contractors to plan and complete large-scale building or renovation projects.
- Provides outreach and communication to stakeholder groups within the school and community, enlisting their support in daily operations, campus improvement projects, and event coordination.
- Participates in the selection of administrators, licensed staff, and support staff; evaluates a cross-section of support staff.
- Oversees areas critical to the efficient running of a school day including scheduling, transportation, safety, and security, after-school activities, etc.
- Works closely with the Testing Coordinator to assist with scheduling and securing the necessary, related resources.
- Coordinates all efforts related to a safe learning environment, including the coordination of the Student Support Center, training for Restorative Practices and oversees the implementation of PBIS.
- Works with campus administration and the ACPS, Office of Safety & Security in leading investigations.
- Oversees the safety and security of after-school programming.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the building.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Skin Test
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Alexandria, VA Salary Range:
$112,022.40 - $171,772.80 / Administrator LAS-FA Shift Type: