The Security Specialist provides for the safety and welfare of facilities and occupants during non-classroom activities; minimizes the frequency and/or severity of harmful incidents; and communicates observations and/or incidents that have a potential impact on the general well-being of students, school personnel, and/or visitors.QualificationsEducation:
High School diploma or equivalent.Certificates & Licenses:
Valid Driver's License and copy of driving record.Experience:
Job related experience is desired.Essential Functions
- Communicates when necessary with police and fire departments to address immediate safety concerns and emergency situations.
- Communicates school policies and enforcement procedures to students, personnel and visitors to ensure their understanding and the potential consequences of violation.
- Intervenes in potential conflicts to minimize disruptions of campus property.
- Keeps detailed logs of all events, calls, and radio contacts.
- Operates and monitors electronic devices including both audio and visual alarms, and other surveillance devices.
- Operates the communications systems, radios and leased lines.
- Patrols Board property when and as assigned to provide for the safety and welfare of facilities, school personnel, and visitors.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. incident and activity reports, security logs, etc.).
- Refers incidents to appropriate site personnel (e.g. injuries, altercations, suspicious activities, etc.) to ensure follow-up in accordance with administrative guidelines.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific incidents (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, etc.) to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel for follow-up action.
- Responds to emergency situations to address immediate safety concerns.
- Works a flexible schedule to accommodate job requirements including emergencies, nighttime, weekend, and holiday duties.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Division-Wide Salary Range:
$17.24 - $17.24 / Per Hour Shift Type: