US Citizenship: Summary The MIL Corporation
's Proposals and Marketing (P&M) department is seeking a Marketing & Events Coordinator
to support our team.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator is a key member of the team, reporting to the Creative & Brand Manager. The successful candidate will support the P&M department in tasks related to proposals, marketing, events and communications. This is a hybrid position, and the individual must have the ability to travel locally and nationally for conferences and events several times a year. This candidate will also be required to attend team meetings or work on designated site projects in the Washington, DC/Southern Maryland region. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with 3-5 years of experience who would like to grow with our company. Responsibilities
- Perform a myriad of administrative duties related to P&M business functions.
- Coordinate and execute event planning activities to include awards ceremonies, meetings, conferences, job fairs, and other corporate events.
- Lead the corporate resume and employee skills matrix process. Support resume and staffing requests for proposals.
- Assist in document formatting and coordination.
- Manage and coordinate activities related to corporate memberships (i.e., renewals, roster updates).
- Support P&M related purchasing activities; manage the corporate E-store.
- Support website administration and create new user profiles.
- Support employee recognition programs.
- Manage marketing inventory.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and able to produce high-quality accurate work in a timely manner.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast placed and dynamic environment with immediate response times.
- Ability to develop and execute creative approaches with a strategic focus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage event budgets, negotiate with vendors, and maximize cost efficiency without compromising event quality.
- Strong negotiation skills for securing favorable contracts with vendors and venues, reducing costs, and maximizing value for the organization.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clients, sponsors, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally for events.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to challenges and changing schedules in a fast-paced and demanding environment using a solution-oriented approach.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to bring creative ideas and concepts to P&M activities.
We strive to manage our workload and do maintain a good work/life balance. Circumstances occasionally require travel, late nights or weekend work; however, this is the rarity, and not the norm. Desired Qualifications
- Strong content creation skills, including the ability to write engaging content for event promotions, blog posts, and social media.
- Skilled in data analysis and reporting tools, which can help evaluate the success of marketing initiatives and improve strategies.
- Proficiency in event data analysis, using metrics and insights to improve future event strategies and ROI.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field. Clearance
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $65,000 - $75,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.