This is a non-status, non-permanent Personal Services Contract (PSC) position. This position does not provide Competitive or Excepted Service status into the Civil Service.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit: www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
APPOINTMENT DURATION: Temporary Non-Status Contractor Position: 1 year renewable for up to 4 years.
This position is in the Department of State's (DoS) Bureau of Diplomatic Security(DS), Office of the Executive Director (EX), Office of Human Resources Management (HRM).
In this position, you will support the Bureau’s Law Enforcement Availability Pay(LEAP) program by providing advice and assistance to eligible employees, managers, and support staff throughout the Bureau.
Telework: This is a telework eligible position.
Travel Required: 25% or less, minimal travel required.
- Researches and provides responses to managers and employees on limited LEAP regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists the senior Program and Management Analyst with managing the Bureau’s internal tracking system to ensure all LEAP eligible LEOs are compliant with their reporting requirements, which includes pulling reports, analyzing data, tracking and updating data sets, and reaching out to individuals to notify them of non-compliance.
- Researches and resolves general issues related to the LEAP program involving areas such as eligibility, voluntary and involuntary discontinuations, overtime, travel, light duty, and timekeeping.
- As needed, presents HRM briefings on the LEAP program as part of the special agent training program. Assists with the review of the Bureau’s LEAP program to ensure that all materials are up to date.
Applicants applying for the GS-09 grade level must meet one of the following requirements:
A. Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
B. Have a master's or equivalent graduate degree, OR 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree, OR LL.B or J.D. from an accredited college or university. This education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of the position to be filled;
C. Have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience (as described above), which is equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service. This experience and education together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position. Combination of Experience and Education: When an applicant has less than one year of specialized experience as described in the announcement, he or she may combine successfully completed graduate-level education with experience to meet the total qualification requirements. Generally, 18 graduate semester hours is equivalent to 1 full-time year of graduate study (your school and department determine what constitutes 1 full time year of graduate study). The percentage of specialized work experience and the percentage of graduate study must total at least 100%.
Note: All applicants WILL BE required to submit transcripts as verification of educational requirement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you may lose consideration for this position.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative methods to track program operations.
- Experience collecting and organizing information to create reports, correspondence, and/or other documents.
- Experience researching and providing guidance to personnel on program policies ad procedures.
Qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analytical methods.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate data.
- Ability to collect and organize program information.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a detailed resume. Applications must be received electronically by 11:59 pm on November 22, 2023. Your resume or application must clearly reflect the requirements of this position, if not your application may not be considered. Applications, which are incomplete, not received by the deadline stated above will not be considered. All materials submitted will become property of the Department of State. For any questions, please contact DS/EX/HRM at LittletonKA@state.gov.
The Bureau of Diplomatic Security has a program that allows personal services employees to be reimbursed for their health premium costs that they incur during their period of performance. The program pays 72% of the insurance premium cost (to the maximum limits set by OPM annually) for self, self plus one, or self plus family. To be eligible for the PSC Health Insurance Reimbursement Program, the PSC must be included on the plan and NOT be enrolled in any other form of group plan such as a spousal plan or a retirement plan. This program does not cover Dental or Vision supplements.
Personal Service Contractors entering on duty with prior qualifying service, as defined by OPM, may have their service computation dates updated to credit their years of applicable prior service for higher annual leave accrual rates. PSC leave accrual rates are explained in 3 FAM 9116.1.
Benefits for PSC’s in the Department of State are outlined in 3 FAM 9116.
- For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or OAA@state.gov.
- If eligible, telework/and or remote agreements may be permitted with supervisory approval.
Please note that any approved remote work arrangement is subject to the locality pay area of the alternative telework worksite.
Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
For any questions on this announcement, please contact Kyle Littleton at LittletonKA@state.gov.