West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Business Manager - Operational Risk Capital and Scenario AnalysisAbout the organization:
The Operational Risk Capital and Scenario Analysis team is focused on developing strategies, processes and analysis to effectively manage operational risk capital needs and provide key analytical outputs to support effective risk management of Capital One's material operational risks (e.g. Cybersecurity). The team partners closely with operational risk oversight program owners, enterprise risk management program owners, 1st line business accountable executives as well as other 1st and 2nd line risk experts across the company to achieve our risk measurement and risk management agenda. The Role :
A Senior Manager, Business Analysis at Capital One, will apply strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
As a Senior Business Manager with Operational Risk, you will play a key role that centers on consensus building, collaboration across a variety of business and risk areas, strong analytical skills, business judgment, integrated problem solving and process management. You will develop a deep appreciation for the most critical business and technology operational risks and the importance of a strong capital management framework which contributes to safeguarding Capital One and the broader banking industry. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Partner with a wide variety of 1st and 2nd line Director and VP+ stakeholders to develop and deliver scenario analysis storylines, frameworks, assumptions/limitations, workshop facilitation, benchmarking and Account Executive endorsement
- Cut though the gray and drive consensus between competing opinions and objectives from the diverse expertise of stakeholders involved
- Actively engage and build relationships with key customers throughout the scenario analysis process to ensure valuable output
- Analyze results for consistency and soundness; triangulate defensibility of results using supporting data and analysis from a variety of internal and external sources
- Apply your superior judgment, intuition, and relationships to defend key decisions
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, and potentially P&L accountability for a business segment. Strategic planning with a 1-6 month horizon
- Leadership: May manage and develop a team of analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct to consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through various channels. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Operational Risk Management or business operations
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
- 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).