Electrical Engineer (PE)
Bethesda, MD Join our Talent Network
Chenega Worldwide Support is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer (PE) to support a new contract on a cleared program inWashington, DC . TheElectrical Engineer (PE) will assist the customer with the performance of mechanical engineering design and production support from project inception through construction.
- The Electrical Engineer PE will assist the customer with the performance of electrical engineering design and production support from project inception through construction
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and technical competence in developing and the production of complete Construction Documents, including drawings and specifications, for new and renovation projects.
- Be responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and the coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services furnished by CWS under this contract.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of specialized electrical facility schematic design and design development experience, including demonstrated experience with evaluation of new and existing facilities' electrical systems
- 5 years' experience as a Licensed Electrical Engineer, with demonstrated experience in Design and Contract Document preparation for new and existing buildings similar to the building types prevalent in the NAVFAC Washington Area of Responsibility.
- Experience conducting field observation to verify/obtain the existing conditions of electrical site work and facility systems and incorporating these conditions into the design for a renovation/rehabilitation project.
- Experience in Construction Management/Scheduling and Cost-estimating
- Demonstrated experience with interdisciplinary coordination required for Contract Document preparation.
- Professional Registration as a Licensed Electrical Engineer.
- Secret Clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of ICC codes, NFPA 70 (NEC), NESC, and DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current AutoCAD and other design and general office software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specifications development and coordination, using Government-based specification software.
- Ability to prepare and provide high-level briefs to senior leadership. Oral and written communication skills must be highly developed
- Familiarity with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects, be able to provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers, and to review other electrical engineers' work for code/criteria compliance and constructability.
- Ability to estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI's).
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network