Jr. Software Developer
Springfield, VA Join our Talent Network
NJVC is currently seeking a Software Developer to join our growing team in Springfield, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Servant leader who facilitates teams toward their delivery objectives and helps build high performing, self-managing teams
- Provides visibility into progress and impediments
- Supports flexible software and development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts continuously with customers and development team members to gather and refine requirements, ensure effective communication and implementation
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and other technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software, applications, and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Builds quality into the product using test-early, build-small, automated testing and balanced scope to stay on schedule
- Follows a formal design process using formal user input, diagrams, and other accepted design techniques
- Adheres to standards, laws, and established guidelines for development and delivery software, applications and content solutions (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content-rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software, application and content solution documentation to assist with software and application maintenance, enhancement, training and releases
- Provide software process management and configuration management throughout the software development life cycle
- SW development in hybrid cloud environment
- SW development experience with build unclassified, integrate, test and deploy on classified environments on multiple security domains
- SW development experience with integration and deployment of multiple baselines to support internal and NGA Test Organization (IV&V) testing, resolving DRs (Pri 1 and 2) and incorporating fixes in quick and timely manner
- Tools: GitLab, Service +, Git Repositories, JIRA, Confluence
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree or
- Associates degree and 2 years' experience, or
- High School degree and 4 years' experience in a related field
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, and experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network