Springfield, VA Join our Talent Network
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS)
Chenega Job Title: Scrum Master
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance
Location: Springfield, VA
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
TheScrum Master is responsible for facilitating an Agile team to plan, develop, review, demo and finalize software or project releases through a series of sprints or iterations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use Agile methodology, with expertise to plan, develop, review, and demo and final software or project releases through a series of sprints or iterations.
- Each sprint iteration involves a single team that provides daily scrums and concentrated resources lasting approximately two weeks.
- Provide sprint team velocity to the Program Manager and the government.
- Initiate daily meetings as required to keep all work focused and document progress.
- Develop features required for the release identified within each sprint.
- Provide technology "spikes" to identify needed tools and approaches.
- Identify detailed breakouts or "stories" needed to successfully complete the sprint.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue(s) are resolved.
- Provide iterative reviews and demos to validate each part that makes up the feature, and provide continuous improvement feedback for each successive sprint.
- Develop and maintain Sprint planning applications such as "Jira".
- Document the sprint results using applications such as "Jira".
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years relevant experience OR
- Associate degree and 10+ years relevant experience OR
- 12+ years relevant experience
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience in the Intelligence Community
- Scrum Master Experience
- SAFe Agile Certification
- TS/SCI clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Have a friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Jira, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Experience working in a home office setting
- Ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone
- Good phone skills, professional demeanor, and previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network