Director of Business Development
Lorton, VA Join our Talent Network
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS)
Chenega Job Title: Director of Business Development
Clearance: Background check
Location: Lorton, VA
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
TheDirector of Business Development is responsible for, identification, qualification, win strategy development, shaping and support of proposal development activities leading to the successful capture of new business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define target markets, identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Lead the Capture Management strategy and execution to further qualify and pursue new business opportunities
- Lead large strategic bids including development of technical solutions and win strategies.
- Effectively and efficiently drive capture pursuits through gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Lead and negotiate teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Collaborate with MIOS BD, team members, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position for successful pursuits
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements working closely with BD leads -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Develop market strategy and establish a supporting qualified pipeline, create and track schedules in GovWin and report status when required to senior management for key opportunities
- Present the opportunity's status at required gate reviews and obtain approvals as required to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle
- Classify the win probability, funding probability and bid/performance risks and establish appropriate risk management strategies
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Drive development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports proposal team by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assume accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant business, technical, or professional field of study
- Degree may be substituted for 4+ years of relevant experience
- 7+ years capture management or related Business Development experience in the Defense or Intelligence space with proven track record in capture and proposal development
- Experience in developing new business and successfully pursuing medium to large-scale Federal Government business/projects.
- Experience in the entire capture process.
- Experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts.
- Must have a proven record of success in managing Business Development opportunities throughout the entire Federal Acquisition lifecycle from inception to award
- Background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in the entire capture process are required and solid experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts is expected
- Ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships externally with customers and within a firm/corporation, with a focus on understanding how to create competitive discriminators in a highly cost-competitive environment
- Proficient ability in capture management based on industry best practices with demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
- Ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network