Washington, DC Join our Talent Network
TheRegistered Architect will assist NAVFAC field offices with performance of architectural design and production support from project inception through construction. The location is the Washington, DC Navy Yard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a team member on assigned construction projects.
- Be familiar with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects.
- Be able to provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior architecture design staff and to review other architects' work for code compliance and constructability.
- Should have the ability to estimate design efforts and assist in negotiations with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors.
- Address contractor submittals and requests for information (RFI's).
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in architecture from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of architectural schematic design and design development experience, including demonstrated experience with evaluation of new and existing facilities.
- 5+ years of experience as a licensed architect with demonstrated experience in Design and Contract Document preparation for new and existing buildings like the building types prevalent in the NAVFAC Washington Area of Responsibility.
- Professional registration as a licensed architect required.
- The license must be current and issued by a United States of America, a state, a commonwealth, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory. The contractor will oversee the architectural work they provide.
- Interim secret clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Secret clearance preferred.
- Design and technical competence in developing and the production of complete construction documents, including drawings and specifications for new and renovation projects.
- Responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services furnished by the contractor under this contract.
- Extensive knowledge of ICC codes, Life Safety Code, ABA Guidelines, and Energy
- and Sustainability Design Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with interdisciplinary coordination required for contract document preparation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current AutoCAD and other design and general office software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specifications development and coordination, using government-based specification software.
- Experience in construction management, scheduling, and cost-estimating.
- Ability to prepare and provide high-level briefs to senior leadership.
- Oral and written communication skills must be highly developed.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network