Application Developer/SharePoint Developer
Washington, DC Join our Talent Network
The Application Developer/SharePoint Developer will support the Department of Education by leading business logic and data modeling activities associated with application development and SharePoint development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead business logic and data modeling activities associated with application development and SharePoint Development, independently and collaboratively complete requirements gathering, complete projects on time and within budget.
- Build software development tools and produce highly technical programs, like cross-compilers and communications software operating systems.
- Responsible for measuring software performance through project design, implementation, and evaluation of results.
- Participate and lead in the development of manuals and user guides for programmers and operating staff.
- Lead software design efforts necessary to integrate new hardware and code programs in applicable languages using standard requirements documentation, e.g., detailed flow diagrams, input/output descriptions, and performance specifications, etc.
- Perform implementation tasks and direct the conduct of application testing to ensure results and direct and participate in the development of manuals and user guides for programmers and operating staff.
- Participate as a high-level technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new SharePoint software or significant enhancements to existing SharePoint software.
- Work with technical staff to understand problems with SharePoint software applications and develop specifications to resolve them.
- Participate in the development of SharePoint software user manuals.
- Produce new applications, maintain existing applications, integrate cloud applications, and automate manual processes and procedures using Microsoft Power Platform or similar products.
- Create and update system security plans, configuration management plans, contingency plans, incident response plans, security assessment reports, risk assessment reports, OIG policies, build documents, AS-IS and TO-BE documents, and governance guides and appendices for each of the four IT systems.
- The appendices include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acronym list
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 6+ years of experience as an Application/SharePoint Developer.
- 10+ years of Application/SharePoint Developer experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in programming in the relevant programming language/s, e.g., Drupal, Java, XML, .Net, Web Methods, C, C++, Perl, COBOL, Oracle PL/SQL, and Unix Shell scripting
- Top secret clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain Baseline IAT-II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M requirements within 90 days of contract start.
- Strong knowledge of producing new applications, maintaining existing applications, integration of cloud applications, and automating manual processes and procedures using Microsoft Power Platform or similar products.
- Strong analysis and comprehension skills.
- Strong understanding of NIST security standards and ensuring all deliverables conform to those security standards.
- Ability to assist with creation and updating of system security plans, configuration management plans, contingency plans, incident response plans, security assessment reports, risk assessment reports, building documents, and governance guides.
- Ability to provide technical knowledge and information assurance analysis support.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to maintain top secret clearance.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network