Service Desk Manager
Springfield, VA Join our Talent Network
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS)
Chenega Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Location: Springfield, VA
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
TheService Desk Manageris responsible for managing daily operations of the service desk, managing the service desk teams, representing the team to other stakeholders, and helping to ensure that the service desk is constantly developing and achieving Service Level Agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, coach, and mentor Service Desk Specialists, including career development.
- Oversee staff activities.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to Operations Manager and stakeholders, weekly, monthly, and as needed.
- Drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement.
- Work to make Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery for IT.
- Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed) and eChatt.
- Builds and obtain from other departments, training material for support staff.
- Schedule employees working times and provide backup support, as needed.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Oversee Service Desk Knowledge Management repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff for First Contact Resolutions.
- Develop Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools, and support experience.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue(s) were resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about system usage.
- Identify and escalate trends from call volume and Tier 1 tickets to other ESC functional areas to reduce impact timelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years relevant experience OR
- Associate degree and 10+ years relevant experience OR
- High school diploma or GED and 12+ years relevant experience
- Operational experience with ServiceNow
- Experience in the Intelligence Community
- Experience managing Service Desk Staffing across multiple locations
- Experience maintaining High Availability (HA) staffing configuration with a split of contract personnel per shift 24/7 to cover operations
- Experience successfully managing Service Desk with Service Level Agreements (SLA's), including Speed of Answer and First Contact Resolution
- ITIL v3 or V4 Foundations required
- TS/SCI clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- DoD 8140 (formerly 8570.01-M) IAT Level II: Must have current Security+ CE Certification (within 6 months
- Drive to deliver outstanding customer service
- Ability to support a 24x7x365 operations center, including supporting swing shifts from 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, or 10pm-6am and weekend shifts
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications.
- Experience working in a home office setting.
- Ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network