Summary Contract Specialist III Washington, DC
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
At Cyberstar, we aim to analyze and boost human and business performance through the implementation of business process redesign and information technology (IT) modernization to include data analytics and cloud computing.
We offer an alternate solution to improving the quality and effectiveness of business operations. In an ever-changing economy, Cyberstar helps companies better read and understand their market data through the synchronization of process innovation, human dynamics, analysis, and the integration of data technology capabilities, to ensure functional optimization in their business.
The Contract Specialist III
will support acquisition activities for Air Force Special Access Programs. Following applicable Federal, Department of Defense, and Air Force acquisition policy, law, regulation, and guidance, the Contract Specialist III
will provide support and lead other contract staff in supporting the Contracting Officer in the acquisition of critically needed national security capabilities by performing contract administration from the description of the requirements to contract delivery and participate in oversight of contract performance. The Contract Specialist III
will be responsible for ensuring all deliverables meet schedule and quality standards. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Contract Specialist III
within our AFRCO
team, you will:
- Work with the Contracting Officer to plan and manage acquisitions for a variety of products and services for the contracts division
- Lead cradle-to-grave contract activities, like conducting market research, preparing solicitation documentation (pre and post-award), reviewing proposals for compliance, performing cost/price evaluations, assisting with negotiating positions, reviewing, and processing invoices
- Lead and participate in program reviews to assess the alignment of activities with acquisition strategy and program plan and determine the feasibility of execution within the defined program baselines
- Lead and participate in defining the overall acquisition objectives to meet planned milestones
- Work with the Contracting Officer in developing acquisition strategies, including determination of contract method/type; performing contract administration, including but not limited to maintaining contract file folders and preparing contract modifications
- Work with the Contracting Officer in the oversight of contract performance
- Lead and participate in identifying and mitigating risks, including assessing cost, schedule, and performance impacts and burn-down plans
- Assist in communicating project status and issues and developing acquisition and policy recommendations
- Assist in developing acquisition strategies, including the determination of contract method/type
- Other duties as
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master of Arts/Master of Science/Master of Engineering (MA/MS/ME) degree
- 10+ years of relevant DoD/IC or relevant industry work experience with no less than 2 years of experience in an SAP and/or SCI environment with at least 1 year of that total being within the past 5 years
- Proficient in ConWrite preferred
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to successfully complete a Government Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph (CI Poly).
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
How you'll grow
- Extensive knowledge of contracting for a variety of products and services for major systems, research, and development (R&D), and/or complex programs using a wide range of contracting methodologies, like negotiated contract and commercial acquisition procedures in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other applicable supplements.
- Possess demonstrated experience in performing source selections, cost or price analysis, negotiations, and preparation of related contract documentation in accordance with directives and policies.
- Experience working on high-visibility or mission-critical aspects of a given program and performing all functional duties independently.
- Ability to work under aggressive schedules with demanding performance requirements.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS.
- Ability to successfully complete a Government Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph (CI Poly).
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program