Pearl Harbor, HI Join our Talent Network
Pearl Harbor, HI Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega. Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Environmental Planner shall provide environmental planning support to activities within the area of cognizance of NAVFAC Pacific.
Work you'll do
- Prepare and review environmental planning documents and technical studies prepared by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Executive Order (EO) 12114, Environmental Effects Abroad of Major Federal Actions, including Environmental Assessment (EA)/Overseas EA (OEA), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS)/Overseas EIS (OEIS), Environmental Reviews (ER)/Environmental Study (ES), Record of Categorical Exclusion (RCE), Negative Decision (ND) and related special environmental planning studies assessing the environmental impacts of proposed operations, training and exercise, homeporting/home basing actions, proposed shore infrastructure projects, and other supported military programs, construction projects, and force alignments.
- Coordinate review of environmental planning documents and technical studies within NAVFAC Pacific departments, Department of Navy commands, other military services, regulatory and cooperating agencies, and the affected public.
- Assist in the processing of environmental planning documents via the supported activity chain of command.
- Identify potential mitigation alternatives, which may affect the use or operation of DoD-controlled facilities and properties, to ensure compliance with NEPA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Coastal Zone Management Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, and other related environmental legislation and DoD policy.
- Perform analytical work to contribute to the development of mitigating measures to minimize environmental impacts.
- Review Navy Shore Facilities planning documents (i.e., Master Plans, Capital Improvement Plans, Special Studies, Construction and Repair projects, and Site Approval Requests) to identify environmental problems and additional studies and documentation requirements.
- Assist in maintaining administrative records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in one or more of the following:
- Physical Science
- Community Planning
- Work experience in the preparation of environmental planning documents by NEPA and EO 12114.
- Experience in the preparation of Department of Defense environmental planning documents in the Pacific region is not required but is highly desirable.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Background check required.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of current major environmental laws and regulations, including NEPA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Coastal Zone Management Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, and other related environmental legislations
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.comGlassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htmLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/#Chronos Operations, LLCChenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNative preference under PL 93-638.We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Join our Talent Network