Government of Japan Liaison
Pearl Harbor, HI Join our Talent Network
Government of Japan Liaison
Pearl Harbor, HI Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega. Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Government of Japan Liaison shall provide technical services related to project management, design, acquisition, and construction management in support of the requirement to provide close coordination with the Government of Japan (GOJ) for NAVFAC Engineering Systems Command Pacific.
Work you'll do
- Serve as the central point of contact at NAVFAC Pacific for the GOJ program, technical projects, and financial issues about the Guam Buildup program.
- Provide close coordination between the United States Government (USG) and GOJ during project execution relative to contract administration, contract processes, source selection, design, and construction.
- Review and understand technical problems and situations to assist government personnel in responding to and resolving GOJ comments and questions.
- Facilitate the development of responses to technical GOJ questions and requested actions using experience and knowledge of facility design and construction.
- Coordinate the budgeting and request process for Japanese Funds.
- Track Japanese Cash Contribution amounts and expenditures.
- Track the management of the Japanese Funds contributions, calculate benchmark values and accrued interest and develop and submit monthly obligation and expense reports.
- Communicate and coordinate with other GOJ Liaisons supporting NAVFAC to assist with facilitating the effective and efficient management of technical GOJ issues. Attend and observe GOJ project planning and design meetings, including GOJ policy meetings.
- Record minutes of meetings held with GOJ representatives and develop an Action Item List as part of the meeting minutes.
- Facilitate base access for GOJ personnel to required DOD facilities in Hawaii.
- Provide logistics support for policy meetings to include reservation of meeting rooms, meeting materials, and equipment.
- Provide Japanese to English translator duties as requested for NAVFAC Pacific.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering is desirable, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience using GIS.
- Experience in facility design, construction, and/or maintenance.
- Background check required.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in oral, written, and graphic communication.
- High degree of competence in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project) and other computer skills used to generate and manage data.
- A Professional License in Architecture or Engineering is desirable, but not required.
- Japanese language verbal skills, comprehension, and speaking ability (writing skills not required).
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.comGlassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htmLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC#CABS URGENTChenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNative preference under PL 93-638.We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Join our Talent Network