Office and Administrative Clerk
Pearl Harbor, HI Join our Talent Network
Office and Administrative Clerk
Pearl Harbor, HI Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega. Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Office and Administrative Clerk will independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of NAVFAC Engineering Systems Command Pacific. shall provide contractor services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of NAVFAC Pacific.
Work you'll do
- Assist NAVFAC personnel in tasks, like updating designation letters, inputting new equipment into the Inventory Manager Database, and assisting with training.
- Assist in copying, distributing, and routing travel orders, adjusting travel lines of accounting (LOA), create manual travel orders for personnel located in Thailand (Bangkok), the Philippines, and Singapore.
- Scan purchase orders and credit card transactions and index them into the Total Records Information Management (TRIM) system by utilizing a Multi-Function Device (MFD)
- Run mail when needed, including pickup and delivery of mail from the following buildings: 258, 391, 396, 402, 404, 405, 57, 62, 499, and the NAVFAC Hawaii compound.
- Assist visitors and contractors in obtaining visitor badges for meetings at NAVFAC Pacific.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Background check required.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to operate an electronic typewriter and computer.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the requirements outlined in the Navy Correspondence Manual.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the expectations regarding Navy correspondence, instructions, messages, and memorandums. Ability to use the correct format in communication.
- Ability to understand the varied and advanced functions of one or more automated systems to produce a wide range of documents (Programs such as Inventory Manager, FEDEX, MS Teams, and MS Office)
- Knowledge of office automation systems and programs used for graphs, tables, and charts.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the specialized Navy terminology and acronyms, the organization's mission, and the roles of coworkers to type materials, receive and screen phone calls and visitors, and maintain files.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply knowledge of the organizational structures and functions to answer routine and non-technical inquiries.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.comGlassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htmLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/#Chronos Operations, LLCChenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNative preference under PL 93-638.We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Join our Talent Network