Summary Air-to-Air Fighter Pilot Subject Matter Expert Des Moines, Iowa
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Astraeus Operations (AO)
is an SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business (SBD) subsidiary of the Chenega Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC). We are a small business with large business capabilities due to our shared-services Program Management Office (PMO) structure. Through our ISO 9001:2015
certification, we can accomplish the full range of contract services including financial, human capital, recruiting, procurement, security, and technical resources to achieve contract mission requirements. As a result, our ' small business - big capability' dynamic benefits our clients through consistent communications and straight-lined workflows, ensuring our accountability to our clients for successful mission fulfillment.
In plain terms, our clients gain a team that's on the same page to achieve and support the client's mission. We vigorously respond to clients' requests without additional costs, delays, or inefficiencies that are often experienced with larger, more cumbersome organizations. AO is eligible for sole source, direct awards up to $100M for DOD and up to $25M for other federal agencies, without J&A. Astraeus is the easy button for a client wishing to take advantage of the rapid, agile, and flexible sole source procurement option. Combined with the shared PMO services, Astraeus offers highly competitive labor rates to fulfill day-to-day contract operations.
The Air-to-Air Fighter Pilot Subject Matter Expert
provides operational and tactical level experience in integrated employment of DTOC core missions, with specific expertise in fighter employment and fighter integration. Expertise in sister service core missions may be appropriate and requested for training joint customers Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise supporting Distributed Mission Operation (DMO) training events.
- Conduct mission briefing, execution and debriefing and post mission documentation.
- Provide A/A expertise in support of DTOC mission planning.
- Create scenarios within Environment Generator software, to include Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) and Modern Air Combat Environment (MACE).
- Coordinate with Network Operations Center (NOC) personnel for Event Control Center (ECC) set-up.
- Provide expertise at meetings, Initial Planning Teams (IPT), working groups, and other related events.
- Some weekend work is required to support Air National Guard Training.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current or previously qualified fighter pilot in any of the following:
- Air Force Weapons School Instructor Course Graduate or Navy Fighter Weapons School instructor pilot Preferred
- 3+ years' experience conducting events in a robust DMO environment or simulator preferred.
- Secret clearance with the ability to upgrade TS/SCI and SAP/SAR.
- Current Top Secret clearance is preferred
How you'll grow
- Ability to effectively communicate in an instructional setting.
- Knowledge of environment generator software to include Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) and Modern Air Combat Environment (MACE)
- Ability to travel as directed by Government
- Knowledge of current weapon system training policies and practices
- Knowledge of quality management objectives and practices
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program