Summary General Clerk II Lackland AFB, TX
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Worldwide Support (CWS) is a premier provider of Architecture and Engineering support services to federal customers around the world. Founded in 2016 to support federal operations OCONUS, CWS holds true to its mission that no matter the location, we are there to get the job done.
The General Clerk II
will perform postal services at the Official Mail Center, Postal Service Centers, and Central Mail Room as well as deliver mail to Activity Distribution Offices at Joint Base San Antonio - Lackland, Lackland Training Annex, and Port San Antonio
The General Clerk II
will provide daily service for Postal Service Centers, including receiving, processing, distributing, and directing mail, assigning, and withdrawing mailboxes daily. The General Clerk II will be expected to sort through hundreds of packages and envelopes every day, leaving no boring moments and providing plenty of challenges for the solution-focused applicant. The General Clerk II will play an integral role in the functions of the company, and there is plenty of upward momentum if you prove yourself to be a first-class employee. Responsibilities
- Pick up official/PSC mail from the United States Postal Service (USPS) JBSA Lackland Branch Post Office Facility, accountable mail from Document Security office for PSCs #2, 3, and 7, and CMR Port San Antonio, Monday through Friday.
- Provide daily service for Postal Service Centers to include receiving, processing, distributing, and directing mail, assigning, and withdrawing mailboxes daily.
- Affix appropriate postage to all USPS outgoing official mail using Air Force-owned postage metering machines.
- Process daily, all official accountable mail received from the Document Security Section ensuring 100% accountability.
- Provide referral/directory service for all mail by the first pickup of the following workday.
- Inspect all DD Forms 2825, Internal Receipt, and AF Form 627, Application for Registration or Certification of Official Mail for errors and discrepancies before signing the form.
- Deliver and pick up official accountable mail and pre-sorted mail to and from the Central Mail Room.
- Maintain neat and orderly files.
- Issue, operate, and maintain lockboxes/mailboxes to authorized personnel, including assigning and withdrawing mailboxes as well as changing locks and combinations.
- Process unaccountable mail, like "Undeliverable as Addressed", within two workdays of receipt.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience in UPS, FedEx, or any commercial postal mailroom operations
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and be deemed insurable under company policy
- Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Must be loyal, trustworthy, and honest.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and the ability to use commercial software programs with the Microsoft Suite.
- Proficient in Excel, required.
- Ability to type 45 wpm with 100% accuracy, required.
- Ability to read, write, and receive written and/or verbal instructions in English and to communicate information clearly and concisely, using written and verbal skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian customers.
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions.
- Possess patience to work under stressful conditions
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Worldwide Support, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program