Summary System Administrator Kings Bay, GA
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
The Systems Administrator
will provide expert advice and support services in IT security and business technologies, in connection with the Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic (SWFLANT) Support Services effort. Responsibilities
- Install, configure, operate, and maintain SWFLANT's classified and unclassified enterprise e-mail systems.
- Maintain exchange recipient containers for e-mail addresses of SWFLANT and other government and contractor personnel.
- Liaise with government and contractor organizations to ensure SWFLANT addressing information is current and accurate.
- Participate in Configuration Control Board meetings and coordinate inter and intra-command IT matters and efforts with applicable SWFLANT personnel.
- Install, configure, operate, and maintain client/server database software required to support the business requirements of SWFLANT personnel.
- Provide on-call support for critical services outside of normal working hours. Functions include:
- Maintain user accounts and email mailboxes.
- Maintain network client configuration baseline/standard and initiate the application of government-verified and approved security/problem-related service packs and patches.
- Configure install, replace, upgrade, and move network clients and prepare and install minor cabling.
- Test and install approved server and client add-on software and hardware.
- Handle, key, accountability, and operational support to KMI/COMSEC equipment.
- Maintain web-based standard desktop software library, including development. of installation instructions and maintaining pushed configurations.
- Maintain disaster recovery, fault tolerance, and continuity of operations.
- Recommend, install, and maintain configuration control of network servers.
- Provide system backup and recovery services in accordance with documented backup guidelines, including the development of the system backup and recovery plan. Backup and recovery services include the support of SSP Enterprise contingency planning.
- Maintain media library and inventory.
- Perform offsite media rotation according to the government-provided schedule.
- Manage network servers and the following core service applications: Active Directory, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), File and Print, Backup and Recovery, Application Servers (VMware, Exchange, IIS, SQL, SharePoint), and maintain maintenance/change logs for all servers.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of all IT equipment.
- Maintain a neat, secure, and orderly facility.
- Contribute and update, web-available information resources in support of the SPK desktop user community, including archives of frequently asked questions (FAQs), "How To's", "Tips and Tricks", "SPK Resources", and a local training website.
- Support SPK web-based applications and programs.
- Complete annual company and customer training requirements according to established policies and procedures.
- Record labor hours daily in an online corporate system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 4+ years of related work experience required.
- Cyber Security Workforce required (Security+).
- Cyber Security Workforce Security and operating system certification, or government-approved equivalent must be attained within 6 months of the contract award date for existing personnel or 6 months from the hire date for new personnel.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license.
- Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
How you'll grow
- Must have the ability to obtain certification requirements, including classes, credentialing, and continual certification as required (minimum level of Cybersecurity (CS) Category Code: 40, Specialty Area Code:45, Proficiency Level: Intermediate/Journeyman, per SECNAV M-5239.2, and IT Position Level IT-1, per SECNAV M-5510.30).
- Knowledgeable of program health metrics, including network availability, trouble ticket resolution data, IA vulnerability status, IA violations, and CDRL delivery.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2019, CISCO Technology, Check Point Firewall R80.XX, and VMware.
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels, and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
- Must be capable of managing multiple tasks with time-related constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work to accommodate customer needs while minimizing the impact on current projects.
- Work with all departments to ensure network availability, security, and accessibility.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as requested.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program