Summary Adjunct Instructor for Indigenous American Experience Since 1890 Lawrence, KS
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Adjunct Instructor for Indigenous American Experience Since 1890
as subject matter experts in their disciplines, shall assist Haskell Indian Nations University in developing and implementing college-level courses and a limited number of developmental courses for classroom Responsibilities
- Facilitate student matriculation in the following outcomes:
- Completion of associate baccalaureate programs
- Transfers to other colleges or universities
- Develop and provide on behalf of Haskell Indian Nations University the following documents in compliance with university guidelines:
- Course syllabi
- Assessment and evaluative instruments and the data derived
- Textbook selection and educational materials for those classes taught
- Implement curriculum
- Assist in updating curricula to ensure student learning meets national, state, and local requirements
- Access software applications/programs to report data for all courses taught with respect to the following:
- Learning outcomes
- Assessment outcomes
- Recommendations for instructional improvement
- Hold one (1) office hour per 3 credit hour course per week for the following purposes:
- To answer students' questions
- To assist students in completing courses offered
- Students' grades are due the Tuesday after finals week
- Submit grades on forms provided by the university before 4:00 p.m. to the Office of the Vice-President for Academics
- Attend relevant university-wide and departmental meetings, such as accreditation meetings, assessment meetings, orientation for new faculty, etc., as can be reasonably expected.
- Administer and return End of the Course Student Evaluations to the respective Dean
- Adhere to accreditation requirements for Haskell Indian Nations University in the following areas:
- Academic Policies
- Other academic requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's, a terminal degree, or an appropriate graduate degree in the subject matter being taught -- EXCEPT for Indigenous languages required
- Background check required
How you'll grow
- A clear communicator
- Ability to teach with ample real-world experience
- Ability to show confidence in teaching and presenting to a class
- Technologically savvy: Ability to utilize email, different online learning systems, and other ways to communicate with students
- Passionate about specific academic fields and education in general
- Clearly understands curriculum design, pedagogy, and learning outcome alignment
- Help first-year students adjust to the university, develop a better understanding of the learning process, and acquire essential academic success skills.
- This course provides for an extended study of North American Indigenous peoples in the post-1890 era
- The course will explore the social/cultural experience of Indigenous peoples through their histories, government policy, economics, and tribal sovereignty perspectives.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition T eam
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program