Management Analyst III Senior Management Analyst An Overview
The City of Alexandria is recruiting for a Senior Management Analyst III to assist the Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery. The incumbent will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary staff of providers who work to ensure individuals are provided prompt access to care and ongoing treatment using evidence-based standards of care. What You Should Bring
We are seeking to hire an individual who has vast experience and comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of research and data analysis. This includes but is not limited to thorough knowledge of community and human services principles and practices and delivery systems in providing direct care. The ideal candidate will bring with them an understanding and ability to obtain data from credible sources and incorporate such information into effective programs and planning activities. The incumbent will possess a thorough understanding of the intersection between the various regulatory bodies that include but not limited to local, state, and federal practice and guidelines and the application of those in the delivery of care. Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team of providers to have one single goal in common which is the welfare of individuals and community. Ability to use data to inform the department in the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures to enhance our community in our efforts to dismantle health disparities.Examples of Duties:
About the Department
- Participates in short and long-range planning related to Department program needs.
- Conducts research and reports data in support of the of the Department’s mission.
- Research and analyze data from various sources to maximize Department outcomes.
- Evaluates program effectiveness in meeting community needs.
- Assists in the formulation and updating of agency program policies, monitors policy adherence and expenditures, and identifies trends.
- Assists with the coordination and management of all aspects of Alexandria Fund for Human Services to include but not limited to pre-proposal research, staffing the community review process, program monitoring and compliance, report review and analysis, grant recipient consultation and preparation of impact reports.
- Coordinates performance measurement activities for departmental programs, reviews program goals and objectives, and recommends improved efficiency and effectiveness measures.
- Provides staff support to the Department’s program managers in conducting research, program evaluation and data analysis, and recommends user friendly dashboard and displays as requested by the Department Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) envisions a community in which residents enjoy a sense of well-being, safety, and self-sufficiency. DCHS provides effective and essential safety net services that measurably improve or maintain the quality of life for Alexandrians. To learn more about DCHS, please visit https://www.alexandriava.gov/DCHS .Minimum & Additional Requirements
Four-Year Degree; Considerable experience in a position involving public administration, program planning, evaluation, and the forecasting of budget and other program/departmental needs, and completion of college level courses in public administration, accounting, and management practices, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.Preferred Qualifications
Master's Degree in a related field with demonstrated experience relevant to the Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities outlined above, Graduate-level courses in a related field. At least four to five years of experience as data manager, analyst or comparable experience with supervisory responsibilities directly or indirectly in the community and human services field. At least one year of experience in collecting, analyzing, interpreting and preparing data. At least one year of experience working with relational database systems such as SQL and producing data visualizations through software such as Tableau.Notes
This position requires the successful completion of pre-employment background checks including but not limited to: FBI/Federal Records Check; VA State Child Abuse/Neglect Registry, Medicare/Medicaid Fraud Database, education/certifications, and driver’s license.Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 8:30AM - 5:00PM, hours may vary depending on program needs.