Regional Campuses Job Category:
Part-Time / Hourly Wage Job Type:
Part-Time Work Schedule:
Manassas / Sci-Tech Telework Friendly:
$12.00/hour to start; commensurate with education and experienceCriminal Background Check:
Yes About the Position:
The George Mason University Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center, located on the Science and Technology (formerly Prince William) campus, is seeking part-time Lifeguards. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
We are looking for candidates who are hardworking, have a positive attitude, and are dependable and flexible. All shifts are available. Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations by activating the Emergency Action Plan (EAP);
- Actively guards and scan the pool area at all times; refrains from socializing while guarding;
- Communicate and enforce all ARC pool policies and rules in a personable and professional manner;
- Dress and appearance are consistent with FAFC standards including wearing your swimsuit, guard shirt, whistle and tube while on duty;
- Conduct pool inspections and complete pool chemical logs and report imbalances or concerns to the head guard;
- Proper radio protocol and response in a timely manner, includes radio communication to the front desk, building managers, and direct supervisors;
- Complete daily cleaning assignments;
- Attend and participate in regular in-service trainings;
- Provide a welcoming environment for all patrons;
- Document any incidents and/or injuries;
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lifeguarding classes are available at the Freedom Center, visit www.freedom-center.com
or call 703-993-8444 for a schedule. Required Qualifications:
- We accept various certifications, but all successful candidates must be currently certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid, AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and CPR;
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older (standard for elevated water slides); and
- A skills test will be required prior to beginning employment.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of this process. Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for Lifeguard
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a resume and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
October 20, 2023 Posting Close Date:
November 30, 2023Mason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/