Antonin Scalia Law School Job Category:
Part-Time / Hourly Wage Job Type:
Arlington Telework Friendly:
Salary commensurate with education and experience Criminal Background Check:
Yes About the Position:
The George Mason University, Antonin Scalia School of Law seeks a Career Counselor to provide a range of counseling and career advising services to current students and alumni. This is a part-time administrative position.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.Responsibilities:
- Career counseling and tracking for LL.M. and JM candidates and alumni;
- Developing employment opportunities;
- Managing job fairs and other career-related events; and
- Managing outreach and responsive communication.
- Master's degree, or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience;
- Practical experience and interpersonal skills to advise students on finding jobs and to develop new law and/or non-traditional legal opportunities;
- Ability to manage career-related programs;
- Intercultural communication skills including understanding of career development in different cultures; experience living abroad and/or communicability in a language other than English a plus;
- Knowledge of and interest in law and career counseling;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; and
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multiple databases and Excel.
This is a hybrid position.Instructions to Applicants:
- LL.M. or other law degree and experience sitting for and passing a bar exam;
- Experience teaching career skills to new and experienced college graduates seeking employment; and
- Public speaking experience.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for the Career Counselor, School of Law
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
October 31, 2023 For Full Consideration, Apply by:
November 13, 2023 Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/