Antonin Scalia Law School Job Category:
Adjunct Faculty Job Type:
Salary commensurate with education and experience Criminal Background Check:
Yes About the Department:
The Antonin Scalia Law School of George Mason University invites interested applicants to join the faculty as part-time Adjunct Faculty Members. Adjunct faculty members are needed to teach either required or elective course(s) in its LLM and JM degree programs. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment. About the Position:
Classes are offered year-round on the Arlington Campus during daytime and evening hours and remotely (synchronous and asynchronous formats). Applicants who are accepted to teach in remote programs will begin work upon hiring to construct the course, meet with our student and academic staff, and familiarize themselves with the technology used for these courses.
Expertise in the following courses may be needed:
- National Security Law
- Homeland Security
- Intelligence Law
- Immigration Law
- International Law
- General Subjects
- Business Associations
- Contract Law
- Legal Research and Writing
- Secured Finance
The Law School invites lawyers with expertise in other areas to apply as needs may arise unexpectedly. Responsibilities:
- Prepare and teach assigned courses at assigned class meetings, based on course catalog description and approved course outline;
- Preparation of course syllabus;
- Prepare and objectively grade class assignments, participation, and exams within a timely manner, in accordance with law school policies;
- Maintain accurate, transparent student records;
- Assist and foster student success through the maintenance of regularly scheduled office hours and timely responses to e-mail inquiries;
- Adhere to all administrative University policies;
- Maintain appropriate professional development to stay current within assigned courses;
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics; and
- Other duties as assigned by contract and/or by the law school Dean or his designee including assessing course(s) taught for continuous improvement.
- JD or foreign equivalent; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Experience with international students/international law;
- Passed a bar exam in the past 5 years;
- A dedication to helping students succeed both in academics and in their career;
- Experience working with foreign language populations; and
- Willingness to participate in department activities such as faculty meetings.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for Adjunct Faculty (Law)
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a cover letter, CV, transcript and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
October 31, 2023 For Full Consideration, Apply by:
April 12, 2024 Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/