Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Familiarity Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit application, SPL commands, data sets, custom visualizations, dashboards, assistants and a variety of ML concepts.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which will include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology on assigned programs.
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders, collaborates, and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Assists domain architecture team on solutions management and timing of financial spend for information technology solutions.
- Basic knowledge of the DoD Zero Trust Strategy and Roadmap and the implementation process
- Supports the architectural aspects of all assigned technical projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools, develop and design machine learning systems and applications according to requirements.
- Consult and assist with general enterprise technical architecture and system development design as needed
- Work directly with government customers as requested by business units
- Candidate will provide proposal support and must have technical writing and solutions design background.
- Develop and test machine-learning models.
- Write production-quality code/scripts to build models and work with engineering team to deploy them in production.
- Degree in computer science, math, or statistics
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- BS 16-18 years, MS 14+ years, Phd 10+ years of cyber incident experience
- DOD 8570 IAT III and CSSP Infrastructure Support Certification
- Minimum of at least 10+ years of demonstrated experience with Splunk ES, MITRE ATTACK, Splunk apps such as SOAR, Machine Learning Tools Kit, tactics, and techniques in a large enterprise environment.
We are seeking an Senior Principal Threat Analysis to join our Prime Contract with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, va
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel:Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.