Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Associate, Product Management- On Demand Finance
Do you want to be part of a team transforming an entire department by discovering business needs and uncovering where value lies, while working with technology, design, subject-matter experts, and finance professionals to create product solutions? Do you want to work in a fast-paced product development team? Does the idea of interfacing with internal customers and across functions to do discovery and research, to find solutions that drive value, excite you? If so, we want you!
Our product team is part of a larger group focused on the transformation of Finance at Capital One. On Demand Finance is what we are calling our transformation journey and we have a clear vision of the destination. We are currently focused on reimagining our associate experience, reducing manual work, and enabling associates to leverage streaming and enriched data so they can provide real-time insights that enhance decision making at every level. Ultimately our Product journey will transform the Finance organization and how we develop and deliver critical business outcomes, in addition to how we engage with partners across Capital One.
As a Senior Associate, Product Management of On Demand Finance, your role will be to lead a technology team of talented engineers to deliver value-add product capabilities that move Finance closer to realizing that vision.
This is a highly collaborative role, where success requires being able to interface with users, stakeholders, engineers, design, and peers to creatively solve problems.
As a Senior Associate, Product Management of On Demand Finance, you will:
- Utilize product best practices to perform discovery, understand user pain points, document user jobs to be done, recommend problem statements that are most compelling and value add to solve
- Adopt and promote Agile best practices to lead engineering teams in holding ceremonies, writing user stories and epics, defining acceptance criteria, accepting user stories and continuously deploying working code to production
- Write objectives and key results (OKRs) that measure progress toward team and organizational goals
- Execute with a sense of urgency to deliver practical solutions to complex problems
- Work independently across geographically diverse teams
- Demonstrate strong ability to intuitively identify impediments on the critical path and problem solve to unblock them
- Use excellent communication skills in navigating a matrixed organization
- Champion the use of the right product technologies to drive and improve product processes
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in five key areas
- You'll define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming
- You'll leverage customer insights to influence priorities and roadmap feature development while advocating for and driving alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
- You'll obsess over UX/UI patterns and seek to create world class, omni-channel experiences
- You'll own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
- You'll utilize balanced judgment in decisions about risks of both actions taken and not taken while innovating on ways to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the immediate team
- You'll understand and leverage technology and end-state architecture vision to partner with technology team to drive comprehensive design decisions out of white space technical problems
- You'll share business strategy and roadmap with Tech partners to establish context while also leading and facilitating agile ceremonies alongside Tech Lead
- You'll deliver value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics on security, resilience and performance are not performing
Integrated Problem Solving
- Develop and champion a bold vision that drives meaningful outcomes by embracing the art of the possible
- Build frameworks for complex decision making that enable effective debate and accelerate getting to the right answer
- You'll Contribute to team culture and recruiting by participating in activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior product associates as you grow within our organization
We want you if you are:
Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you.
Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help.
Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of product management experience or at least 1 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- 1+ years translating business strategy or analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 1+ years of experience working on core product platforms powering digital experiences
- 1+ years working with cross functional teams as a product owner in an agile development process
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).