ERP International is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
, for a Full-Time position in support of Flight Medicine Clinic Barksdale AFB, LA. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.comBe the Best!
Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces! * Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays! * Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!* Matching 401K!About ERP International, LLC:
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.ResponsibilitiesWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 7:00am and 5:00pm, including a one hour lunchCore LPN Duties:
The duties include, but are not limited to the following;
• Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
• Complete assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
• Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
• Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
• Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
• Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
• Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction.Additional Duties
Licensed Vocational Nurse will also be assigned administrative duties, such as medical clearances and appointment scheduling. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:* Education:
- Serves as a Practical Nurse performing patient care and nursing administrative duties for outpatients in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Perform and record age-appropriate physiological measurements.
- Assists with patient check-ins, check-out, transfers, and cross-organizational patient care.
- Provides individualized patient teaching on appropriate topics to include preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic testing, examinations, treatments, and clinical procedures.
- Performs appropriate portions of medical examinations, treatment, diagnostic, and clinical procedures.
- Records treatment, procedure rendered, and observed effects.
- Identifies and records patient problems and appropriately notifies provider/nursing Team of observations.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with scope of practice and training.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies and performs basic life support measures.
- Adheres to infection control procedures including use of personal protective equipment, disposal of waste, and aseptic technique.
- Ensures all equipment is properly assembled, operates, cleaned, and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Performs medical records reviews and applies appropriate protocols and guidelines to determine medical needs (Air Force Instructions, Medical Standards Directory, etc.).
- Maintains patient medical records in electronic format as well as hard copy as required.
- Prepares and submits administrative reports.
- Participates in training and continuing education programs for new procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Ensures a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate, professional, interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other team members.
Graduate from an accredited practical/vocational nursing program.* Experience:
Minimum 1 year experience as a LPN/LVN within the past 24 months.* Licensure:
Active, unrestricted LPN/LVN license from any state.* Life Support Certification:
Possess current ARC or AHA BLS Healthcare Provider certification. * Security:
Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.