OverviewBiostatistician US Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Biostatistician (Masters) collaborates with clinical investigators to determine study design, contributes to protocol development, writes statistical analysis plans, performs statistical analysis, makes statistical inference and writes and presents reports summarizing findings including publications in peer-reviewed journals. Responsibilities
- Collaborating with clinical investigators to determine study design;
- Writing sections of protocols that require statistical input;
- Reviewing protocols and case report forms to ensure that protocol objectives are met and standards are maintained;
- Generating treatment allocations in randomized clinical research studies and ensuring proper implementation;
- Leading the project team's development of statistical analysis plans and programs to perform analyses and display study data;
- Performing statistical analyses; writing and validating application programs;
- Implementing data and safety monitoring reports to ensure participants' safety;
- Developing metrics and generating quality control reports to optimize the performance of clinical sites and the coordinating center;
- Generating study reports to be distributed to internal and external monitoring committees and regulatory bodies;
- Participating in professional development activities both within and outside the company
- Other duties as assigned
Emmes requires all US based Clinical Research Associate new hires to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
- MS in biostatistics, statistics or related field.
- At least 2 years of related experience is expected but not required for the position.
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical methods and applications in clinical research.
- Strong programming skills in SAS and/or R.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.