Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat is seeking a skilled and experienced Systems Administrator to join our team and assist in the management and optimization of our Windows and Linux infrastructure, AWS, and Azure cloud resources, and other critical IT systems. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in configuring and maintaining Windows-based systems, Active Directory, compliance, and security scanning with a focus on website management. Strong knowledge of running Windows and Linux virtual systems in a VMWare, AWS, and Azure environment, networking, and automation using PowerShell is desired.
This position has a flexible work schedule to work 3 days a week at our office in Rockville, Maryland and 2 days a week from your home office. Job Responsibilities:
• Configure, maintain, and optimize Windows Server environments.
• Manage user accounts, security settings, and group policies in Active Directory.
• Manage websites hosted on Windows servers, including .NET applications ensuring high availability and performance.
• Configure and maintain IIS and FTP services.
• Utilize WSUS and other patch management tools to ensure Windows servers are up to date.
• Perform routine system monitoring and troubleshoot issues.
• Deploy, configure, and manage systems hosted on VMware, AWS, and Azure.
• Monitor VM performance and resource utilization and collaborate with network engineers to optimize network performance.
• Administer and maintain Linux-based servers and systems.
• Develop and maintain PowerShell scripts for automation of routine tasks and to streamline administrative processes and improve efficiency.
• Work closely with project teams at Westat in gathering requirements and understanding their business needs.Basic Qualifications:
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years of progressive IT services experience to include developing and maintaining Windows and Linux environments.Preferred Qualifications:
• Demonstrated capability to efficiently identify and resolve intricate technical issues. VMware, AWS, and Azure environments.
• Familiarity with networking and firewalling concepts along with security and compliance standards.
• Microsoft SQL Server experience.
• VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization.
• Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
• AWS Certified solution Architect.Other Required Qualifications:
• Demonstrated communication skills.
• Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients.
• Organization skills, including time management ability.
• Detail oriented.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 Floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.#LI-WST1