AARP Foundation works to end senior poverty by helping vulnerable people over 50 build economic opportunity. Our approach emphasizes equitable outcomes for populations that have faced systemic discrimination. We serve all people 50 plus and their families. Through vigorous legal advocacy and evidence-based solutions, and by building supportive community connections, we foster resilience, advance equity and restore hope.
The Senior Vice President, Impact Analytics leads a central function that harnesses the power of advanced analytics, research, and business modeling to drive the relevance, efficiency, and efficacy of the enterprise's strategy. Performs in-depth analysis of the trends in our focus population and operating environment, oversees strategy development, and collaborates on developing scalable solutions for the 50+ living with low income. Engages leaders, business units, and other stakeholders to drive alignment and achieve organizational goals. Responsibilities
- Leads a team of world-class research, evaluation, and data analytics experts to generate evidence-based, actionable insights and create business and operational models that are scalable to eliminate senior poverty.
- Designs and spearheads internal and external initiatives around impact analytics and social innovation, positioning the organization at the forefront of innovating solutions at the intersection of aging and poverty.
- Establishes a contemporary, best-practice strategic planning model that anticipates and responds to changing industry and social impact environment. Ensures operational alignment between vision, strategy, and execution, linking the business's strategic plans to functional plans.
- Leads the performance measurement function in enhancing the organization's strategic and operating performance management framework. Leads the creation of new performance measurement approaches generating useful business model forecasting.
- Establishes and directs the business's research agenda, utilizing the highest research standards, as well as the implementation of innovative methods and techniques, and conveys complex research in a compelling manner.
- Spearheads key initiatives around insights infrastructure and capabilities across the organization.
- Conducts future-focused analysis and trend forecasting, providing regular insights for senior leadership on issues and/or major developments likely to significantly impact associate business in the years ahead.
- Conducts enterprise performance reviews with the senior leadership team, communicating strategy related and planning information that drives strategic thinking.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- 15+ years experience in research and advanced data analytics.
- Proven experience translating research/data/analytics into actionable insights to inform organizational decision-making.
- Proven experience building teams and new capabilities.
- Ability to effectively coach a team to drive excellence.
- Experience providing advisement to senior leadership.
- Public engagement/ public speaking and writing experience.
- Developing successful external thought leadership products preferred.
- Experience working at the intersection of policy, market and social issues preferred.
AARP will not sponsor an employment visa for this position at this time. Additional Requirements
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions
- In office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.