Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide IT support for over 22,000 worldwide customers by diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues.
- Use remote assistance to assist customers if the customer's PC is connected to the network.
- Tickets are created, modified and closed in ServiceNow; problems/requests that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 are escalated to Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Research questions using available information resources, including an IT Help Desk knowledge base.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair software.
- Software support includes upgrade or reinstalling application software, utility software, and FDA procured/developed standard system software.
- Remotely configure, troubleshoot, and diagnose desktop/laptop system hardware, mobile devices, and peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.).
- Technicians assist with COOP exercises and events, and provide support for virus/malware, and system administration support.
- Follow existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), enter or receive tickets for customer support and ensure proper closeout of tickets once resolution has been confirmed. Assist in the creation and maintenance of SOPs. They are expected to assist junior technicians with any questions they may have.
- 3 years of IT support work experience OR experience with the FDA Environment.
- Possess proven excellent customer service skills and call tracking/problem management software experience, involving detailed documentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications are necessary.
- Proven knowledge of troubleshooting of Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office applications, iPhone and Android devices, and local and/or network printers
- Required professional attitude, company focus, and strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to follow through on open issues and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities are needed to perform the job duties.
- Ability to perform shift work.
- Valid U.S Driver's License
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust
Microsoft Office Specialist (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook) certification. (Candidates who do not already have a MOS certification must commit to being fully certified within 30 days of hire)Overview
We are seeking a Deskside Tier 2 Technician to join our team supporting the FDA in Silver Spring, MD.
The FDA IT Help Desk Contract provides support for enterprise IT service requests for 22,000 users worldwide. As a subcontractor to Human Touch, TekSynap provides End User Support including Tiers 1 and 2 help desk support including hardware and software diagnostics and resolution, as well as telecom and networking troubleshooting. Support is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. for an eight (8) hour shift during the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. local time as well as off-site remote support when the Government's local operating status has been indicated as Closed by the Office of Personnel Management (i.e., snow days or other emergency situations from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. local time). On-call services (as-needed) are required between 6:01 p.m. -6:59 a.m. local time Monday through Friday, weekends, and Federal Holidays.
- Amount of Travel: Travel may be required (as needed) to additional customer locations to provide on-site support.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.