Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Risk Management (Card)
Capital One's Card Risk organization aims to be enabled by the right data, programs, and infrastructure to effectively manage risk for US Card. We do this by having the right culture, talent, and skills. We lead, advise and innovate on top transformational initiatives across the businesses we support in the first line of defense.
As a Director in Capital One's Card Risk Department you will apply your leadership and analytical skills to our highest profile Risk Management projects. You will lead a team of Risk Specialists and act as a thought leader working across the enterprise to develop and implement cutting edge Risk solutions to ensure Capital One's continued stability and success. Directors in Capital One's Risk Management organization partner with Executives and lines of business to drive organizational change in order to better manage the Company's Risk in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
Specifically, the Core Modernization and Horizontal Engineering business is leading a multi-year transformation of our core systems to a fully modernized tech stack - and sound risk management is critical to this journey. This Director will be responsible for driving broad, complex Well Managed initiatives associated with processes, products, risks, requirements, controls and controls testing. As a key leader in the Core Modernization Program, this role will collaborate with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. This is a critical role with high visibility across the businesses we support, partner divisions, second and third lines of defense across the enterprise, and examiners.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a proven track record of project and program delivery; change resiliency to maintain momentum in a dynamic, fast-paced and complex environment and among competing priorities; and strong partnership and communication skills to engage and influence critical stakeholders. This role is ideal for someone with strong leadership skills, who is capable of driving transformational change and delivering game-changing value. The preferred candidate will have experience working in Compliance, Technology, or Risk Management organizations within a major financial institution or technology company, with a solid understanding of process management frameworks, risk and control methodology, regulatory requirement management and applicability, and control operating and design effectiveness testing.
- Design a risk management framework enabling line of sight and governance to both processes and platforms
- Design a highly automated control program with preventive controls, and real time monitoring and alerting
- Drive finalization of risk category and subcategory framework
- Perform critical assessments on risk categories to mitigate risk to the company
- Perform extensive gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure smart business decisions
- Use analytical skills to conduct Risk Process Improvement, Process Design & Process Excellence
- Large scale Process Management/Governance
- Consult with Executives to determine interaction model with Lines of Business to create positive relationships
- Work with dynamic teams on Departmental Process Management & Execution
- At least 5 years of experience in Project or Process Management
- At least 3 years experience in Operations or Risk Management
- At least 2 years experience in People Management
- Bachelors Degree/Masters Degree
- 2+ years experience with major system conversions
- 2+ years experience in risk or audit or consulting for modernized cloud based technology solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a Project or Process Manager within the financial services industry
- 5+ years experience in Operations or Risk Management
- 5+ years experience in People Management
- Business Process Management certification, Six Sigma Lean, Green Belt or Black Belt certification, Compliance Certification (CRCM)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).