Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
MBA Product Intern - Summer 2024Key Role Details
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.Basic Qualifications
- This is a full-time paid internship program spanning ten weeks from June through August 2024.
- Participation in the internship requires that you are located in the continental United States with in-person attendance at your assigned location, in accordance with Capital One's hybrid working model , for the duration of the program.
- Interns will be evaluated for a full-time position within our MBA Development Program, with a start date approximately one year following the completion of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a 2-year MBA with an expectation that degree will be obtained by August 2025 or earlier
- Must be continuing in the same course of study of the most recent degree following completion of the internship
- At least 2 years of business strategy, operations, military, customer service, or start-up experience
MBA Product Internship - 2024
- At least 2 years of experience leveraging data and customer insights to make strategic business decisions
- At least 2 years experience translating business strategy into products and using roadmaps to get results
- Degree or coursework in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or Design field
Product Manager MBA Interns at Capital One help build products that empower millions of customers to achieve financial success and thousands of employees to serve our customers and shareholders. Our PMs are human-centered, business-focused, technology-driven leaders.They are at the forefront of Capital One's mandate to bring cutting-edge technology to the challenges of financial services. They are strong collaborators and communicators, comfortable working on cross-functional teams and creating a culture of radical transparency across stakeholders.
Product-management roles are as diverse as our business, including: financial inclusion and health; rewards, travel, and benefits; mobile; fraud detection; and platforms such as data and machine learning, payments, marketing, credit and acquisitions, voice and agent tools, and more. Our MBA Intern roles aim to give first-time and experienced PMs the chance to learn new skills and disciplines while also developing as leaders and general managers.
If you're interested in a long-term career at Capital One, this internship could be a great way to begin your career journey! As part of the intern experience, you will spend 10 weeks at Capital One and have a chance to:
- Join a specific team for the duration of your internship to experience what day-to-day life at Capital One looks like
- Work on delivering real, impactful projects as part of your team
- Hear from senior leadership and learn about Capital One overall
- Cultivate relationships with fellow interns and with associates across the company
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to -
- Product strategy : Own success and life cycle of features for a product and/or platform, setting its strategy in line with overall business goals and driving prioritization decisions toward improvements. Translate business strategy into products; able to solve the right problems and steer away from the wrong ones by deeply understanding our business, developing customer empathy, and integrating multiple streams of data
- Leadership: Manage sprint team to ship, scale, and improve products that delight our customers and position company for substantial growth
- Results: Test and learn your way to something new while taking into account business strategy, market analysis, user feedback, analytics, and technology best practices. Ready to take action, get around roadblocks, and stay focused on goals. Well-organized and able to juggle multiple deliverables while always utilizing data analysis, technology, and human-centered design to keep the customer goal in mind. Able to actively manage a backlog, make trade-off decisions, and clear impediments for your team
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work with experts to craft and drive long-term business strategy. Prepared to learn from network of developers, designers, analysts, data scientists, customers, and other subject-matter experts and leverage them to build cutting-edge products
- Partnership: Manage work in an energetic and collaborative team environment by ralling disparate groups with different motivations to pursue a common goal, putting others ahead of him/herself to help get the best results
Key skills include, but are not limited to -
- Innovative, comfortable with ambiguity: Displays entrepreneurial spirit with an aptitude and interest in learning to build new products and platforms with tech solutions. Able to handle undefined complex problems, and prepared to analyze a problem from all angles
- Human-centered, customer-focused, and curious: Eager to connect with customers, both internal and external, to deliver products that will have meaningful impact. Ready to ask, explore, and voice unique perspectives or crazy ideas. Fueled by a hunger to learn, and constantly seeking new challenges. Ability to dive into the details of products and understand how they work at an atomic level
- Strong business judgment, leadership, and integrity: A tenacious decision-maker bringing a healthy and aggressive, yet responsible, approach to business
- Great communicator and influencer: Ability to keep stakeholders in the loop and communicate complex ideas clearly to make sure co-workers understand the "why" behind their work and their key priorities. Able to build a culture of radical transparency
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City:
$183,000 - $183,000 for Post-Grad Intern, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).