ERP International is seeking full time Registered Nurse (RN) in support of the Internal Medicine Clinic at the 56th Medical Group at Luke AFB, AZ. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available, and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 7:00am and 5:30pm, with a one hour lunch
Specific schedule is dependent upon the department
No weekends or holidays
Job Specific Details and Tasks: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Assesses patients, including the ability to assess/evaluate telephonically.
• Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family, and for the organization.
• Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans in accordance with established cardiac clinic protocols. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts.
• Arranges for procedures and performs telephone follow-up, as appropriate.
• Skilled in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers and other clinic specific equipment.
• Ensure medication/supplies are replenished.
• Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, pulse oximetry, oxygen administration, nebulizer treatments, EKGs, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols. Provides clinical oversight of all paraprofessionals involved in the provision of therapeutic treatments.
• Ensures for proper documentation and coding of procedures and treatments.
• Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
• Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, quality projects, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
• Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Perform physical exam and health histories.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions. Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations. Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
• patient/family and organization.
• Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate. Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
• Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
* Education: Associates Degree of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Experience: A minimum of 1 year RN experience in a relevant primary care setting.
* Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse, any state.
* Life Support Certification: Possess a current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.
* Additional Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
• Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments, as appropriate.
• Knowledge of preventive health schedules, disease management and population health principles, and education methods.
• Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits or a working knowledge of the principles of fee-for-services, preferred provider network and managed care/HMO organizations is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use to include knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.