Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Associate Data Scientist - Machine Learning, Financial Services
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits-a high-tech company, a data driven company, and a nationally recognized brand. Our products reach tens of millions of consumers and have been recognized by numerous prestigious awards for their customer-friendliness. Capital One was the first major bank to move to cloud computing and to publish APIs for the Open Banking future. AI is transforming every industry, at Capital One you will shape how it transforms financial services. Team Description:
As a Data Scientist at Capital One's Auto Finance business, you'll be part of a high performing modeling and analytics team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale. Our team has a relentless focus on the craft of modeling and innovation, using the latest in computing and machine learning technologies and operating across billions of customer records to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives. You'll drive the heart of business by working on an array of impactful and exciting applications like customer lifetime valuation, product recommendation, fraud detection, and productivity improvement via Generative AI. Role DescriptionIn this role, you will:
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver a product customers love
- Leverage a broad stack of technologies -Python, Huggingface, VectorDB, Pytorch, ElasticSearch and more - to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Customer first. You love the process of analyzing and creating, but also share our passion to do the right thing. You know at the end of the day it's about making the right decision for our customers.
- Technical. You're comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- Creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions and pushing hard to find answers. You're not afraid to share a new idea.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years of experience in data analytics, or currently has, or is in the process of obtaining Master's Degree, or currently has, or is in the process of obtaining PhD, with an expectation that required degree will be obtained on or before the scheduled start date
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning
- At least 1 year of experience with relational databases
- Master's Degree in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics), or PhD in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- At least 2 years' experience with designing and optimizing large scale machine learning models, implementing large and complex data pipelines and deploying models into production
- At least 2 years' experience utilizing cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 2 years' experience in a broad stack of technologies (Python, Pytorch, Huggingface, VetorDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in modern model algorithms and architectures (Deep Learning, Large Language Models, Information Retrieval, Recommender Systems or Reinforcement Learning)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).