West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Risk Management
If you're looking for a fast paced, dynamic and innovative firm founded on a culture of diversity and inclusion that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on.
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #97 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation's top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
We are currently looking for a Data and Technology Risk Manager to join our team! Our technology and data risk advisors are masters of risk, data and technology risk management principles with a detailed understanding of how technology supports end-to-end processes and the risks that must be mitigated in the Tech general control environment. Our function is responsible for performing helpful and objective advice to leaders and teams across the enterprise in support of our Sarbanes Oxley program with respect to data integrity and the general technology control environment inclusive of relevant information security controls. Responsibilities include:
- Lead multiple customer stakeholders through our robust risk management framework including scoping, risk assessment, control design, testing, deficiency analysis, reporting and certification.
- Directly advise business process performers, risk offices, internal auditors and accountable executives on emerging data and technology risks and communicate identified risks or issues and recommended remediation actions to these stakeholders.
- Support technology and business transformation, including assessing potential control changes that may be required as we embrace cloud capabilities to enhance our financial reporting and risk management practices.
- Perform analysis, capture and report control performance metrics and assist in preparing quarterly stakeholder reporting.
- Interpret and communicate program and control information to senior leadership including identified risks or issues and recommended remediation.
- Develop a high level of knowledge around reporting compliance, risk management, and evolving industry changes and understand the broader context of implication of reporting risks affecting the company.
- May lead or perform substantive testing procedures, including, but not limited to, identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing transactional evidence, documenting target area processes and procedures, and recommending remediation.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of technology experience in Internal Controls, or in Data Risk Management, or in Risk Management or in Audit or a combination
- At least 5 years of experience in identifying and assessing IT general, IT application, data movement and systems implementation controls
- At least 5 years of experience in Auditing and Control Evaluation
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or a combination
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).