5444 Westheimer (31761), United States of America, Houston, Texas
Business Development Banker - Houston, TX
The Business Development Banker generates business loans, new deposits, Treasury Management services, and other revenue income to Capital One Bank. The principal role of the Business Development Banker is meeting with prospects, developing strong relationships in their respected marketplace, and closing business. It's essential that the Business Development Banker has strong existing Centers of Influence and continues to build their COI's by networking with CPA's, attorney's and Commercial Real Estate agents. Once an opportunity is won, the Business Development Banker will continue to retain the client within the banker's book of business with a focus on and deepening the relationship.Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new business relationships that have annual revenues between $2MM - $20MM
- 80-90% of time will be spent in market generating business by meeting with prospects, outside calling, attending networking functions, and community events
- Work closely with Centers of Influence (COI) to include CPA's, lawyers, and commercial real estate brokers to assist in driving new business. Also, have a well-defined marketing strategy that will target their respected goals.
- Effectively onboard business prospects and grow existing business customer's lending, depository, and treasury management relationships
- Understand and carry out senior management's (Group Sales Executive, Market Sales Executive and Market Credit Executive) sales objective(s) within their respective marketplace / territory
- Partner with multiple lines of business within Capital One including but not limited to: Treasury Management, Wealth Management, and Vantiv Merchant Services to help cross-sell Capital One products and services and deepen new and existing banking relationships
- Have in-depth experience of the pre-qualification, structuring, and pricing on all credit requests to adhere to Capital One Bank profitability standards
- Maintain a strong understanding of Capital One's credit policy, evaluate risk on credit and depository products, and recognize client eligibility to successfully submit credit/application packages.
- Stay current with national, regional, and local industry trends
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with customers and prospects
- Strong Center of Influence (COI) network
- Experience in analyzing financial statements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prospecting and sales skills
- Credit knowledge
- At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 5 years Business Banking experience
- Formal credit training
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).