OverviewSenior Data Manager US Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Senior Data Manager is responsible for data management oversight activities for research studies. The Senior Data Manager works as an integral part of a cross-functional team through the lifecycle of the research study from design through final analysis and study closeout. The Senior Data Manager is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the study data in the electronic database and serves as primary point of contact with internal and external project teams on all aspects of data collection. Responsibilities
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and facilitates the design, documentation, testing, and implementation of clinical data collection studies in an electronic data capture (EDC) system
- Creates and/or reviews study-specific electronic or paper Case Report Forms (CRFs) using prior knowledge, protocol-specific information, and departmental standards; works efficiently to incorporate core clinical team input and produce CRFs in a timely manner
- Determines data collection requirements based on the study protocol and system knowledge; makes recommendations based on previous experience
- Proactively identifies potential data management issues/risks and recommends/implements solutions
- Manages data collection and data validation at participating clinical sites
- Manages training documentation and provides oversight of system user access; may serve as a resource for troubleshooting system issues
- Creates and/or reviews study data management documents according to instructions (e.g. Data Management Handbook, Data Management Plan, Data Validation Plan, EDC System User's Guide, EDC Training and Certification Documents)
- Independently monitors own activities and project status for successful project deliverables according to timelines
- Manages data reports and creates data summaries or presentations as applicable
- Manages the development of the data validation plan and ensures associated edit checks are completed in accordance with project timelines
- Manages and reconciles data obtained through Electronic Medical Records (EMR) integration, commercially available EDC systems, or other external data sources
- Performs data review and query identification/resolution; manages data quality metrics for a protocol or project; may conduct or review data quality audits
- Attends and contributes to project and department meetings; may serve as DM representative on external calls as required
- Mentors staff on project-specific clinical data management processes; provides data management expertise at a project level
- May provide direct line support for DM staff. For direct reports:
- Collaboratively conducts performance and compensation review activities with the applicable project leader or designee
- Responsible for addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems
- Ensures DM salary and bonus equity compliance
- Approves timesheets, expense reports, and leave requests
- Other duties as assigned
Emmes requires all US based Clinical Research Associate new hires to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a public health, clinical, science, technical, or related discipline; equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Incumbent typically will possess at least 6 years of progressive data management experience (or Master's degree and 4 years) and good understanding of clinical research and/or data management processes
- Knowledge of GCP and applicable regulatory guidelines
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or contract research organization preferred
- Experience in clinical electronic data capture (EDC) systems preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Proven data management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong attention to detail, adaptable, and flexible
- Reliable and collaborative team member
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.