Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
Meeting Participation and Support
- Organize and support meetings required by the government to include scheduling, drafting presentation materials, conducting briefings, and other related activities
- Formal meetings the contractors shall be expected to support include:
- Periodic Reviews : Biweekly status reviews with the Unit Chief via telephone or in person as required by the government
- Other Meetings : Participate in other meetings as required by the government by preparing presentation materials relating to program status, accomplishments, issues, and deliverables, including picture or graphic files. Candidates are expected to prepare electronic or hardcopy materials for each meeting which may be held at a range of different levels within the FBI. Candidates will frequently meet with DOJ and USIC partners to discuss updates to the AGG-ET
DIOG and DIOG-Related Policy Reviews
- Assist the FBI point of contact, via the Contractor Program Manager, with producing substantive and administrative updates to the DIOG, ensuring that the document is effectively managed and kept current. This includes identifying potential issues and inconsistencies with other FBI and DOJ policies
- Shall have extensive knowledge of the DIOG and internal FBI polices
- Draft policy on behalf of the FBI on classified topics pertaining to the DIOG, including, but not limited to, undercover operations, extraterritorial operations, online investigations, sensitive investigative techniques, and counterintelligence
- Work with the DOJ to propose updates to the classified AGG-ET and frequently meet with partners (e.g., Central Intelligence Agency [CIA], DOJ) on these classified discussions
- Provide SME advice on proposed operational and administrative policies in the IPO workflow on topics including, but not limited to, undercover operations, extraterritorial operations, online investigations, sensitive investigative techniques, and counterintelligence
- Support the FBI's Internal Policy Office by continuing to produce substantive and administrative updates to the DIOG
- Provide advice on both proposed operational and administrative policies entering the IPO workflow
- Use knowledge of FBI operations to infuse the policy and intent of the DIOG into underlying policies for use of specific methods or within specific divisions
- Possess at least 20 years in DOJ and USIC management and legislative oversight
- Possess knowledge of the Attorney General guidelines (AGG)
- Have experience working effectively with DOJ and USIC agencies in relation to information sharing
- Be capable of working independently and providing detailed analysis and recommendations to FBI personnel at the senior executive level
- Be familiar with intelligence policies and procedures within the FBI, DOJ, and ODNI
- Have experience participating in working groups and providing input on policy-related matters
- Have extensive knowledge regarding and experience with FBI investigations (criminal and national security matters)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field. A Law degree is preferred but not required
- DoD active Top Secret clearance with SCI and HK accesses
We are seeking an Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team supporting the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Washington, D.C.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: United States
Clearance requirement: Top Secret with SCI and HK accesses OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.