Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
The Built-In Quality Manager is expected to be able to:
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive, independent Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) built-in quality management activity for a large technical (software development, systems engineering, and operations and sustainment (O&S)) program delivered in multiple geographic locations, at three security levels, using two Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, testers, product owners, and Scrum Masters, to ensure that quality is a fundamental aspect of our software development process in accordance with SAFe principles. Drive continuous improvement and ensure that quality is a shared responsibility among all team members. Within SAFe, you will perform the following:
- Champion SAFe Built-in Quality: Be the subject matter expert on SAFe Built-in Quality and ensure its principles are deeply embedded in all aspects of our development process.
- Quality Planning: Collaborate with teams to develop and maintain comprehensive quality plans, including test strategies, automation frameworks, and metrics for measuring product quality.
- Quality Metrics and Reporting: Establish and monitor key quality metrics to assess progress and identify areas for improvement. Provide regular reports and insights to leadership.
- Test Automation: Drive the adoption of test automation and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices to streamline the testing process and improve release velocity.
- Training and Coaching: Provide training and coaching to teams on SAFe Built-in Quality practices, testing methodologies, and best practices in quality assurance.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Foster collaboration and communication among development, testing, and business teams to ensure alignment on quality goals and objectives.
- Quality Assurance Tools and Technologies: Stay up-to-date with the latest QA tools, technologies, and industry trends to recommend and implement improvements.
- Quality Risk Management: Identify and mitigate quality risks throughout the development life-cycle, and work with teams to develop risk mitigation plans.
- Continuous Improvement: Lead and facilitate retrospectives and other forums for teams to reflect on their processes and drive continuous improvement in quality practices.
- Compliance and Audit: Ensure that all quality processes and practices adhere to industry standards, regulatory requirements, and organizational policies.
In addition to or in support of SAFe-based Built-In Quality, implement the following TekSynap standards, best practices, and process control techniques in the context of the program:
- Quality Management: ISO 9001:2015 - A demonstrated quality management system that is organized for continuous improvement.
- IT Service Management: ISO 20000:2018 - An IT service delivery management system that ensures that processes are in line with business objectives.
- Information Security Management: ISO 27001:2013 - A demonstrated system that establishes information security requirements for the enterprise and demonstrates that they are implemented, monitored, maintained, and continually improved. Note: These best practices are in addition to the information security standards defined by the customer.
- IT Service Delivery: CMMI-SVC L5 - Demonstrated best practices to improve performance and key capabilities for service delivery.
- Software Development: CMMI-DEV L3 - Demonstrated management and execution methods for requirements development, technical solution design, product integration, verification, validation, organizational process integration, organizational training, integrated project management, risk management, quality management, and decision analysis and resolution.
- SAFe certification (SAFe SPC, SAFe POPM, or equivalent)
- Experience implementing SAFe Built-in Quality practices
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies, test automation, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with quality assurance tools and technologies
- Highly motivated, self-learner, and technically inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop & use complex concepts & processes
- Experience guiding and supporting junior level personnel
We are seeking a Built-In Quality Manager to join our team supporting our NGA customer in Chantilly, VA.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Chantilly, VA TekSynap offices
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.