Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing desk side support to end users for complex issues regarding response and resolution. Ability to act independently in a customer environment, as well as the ability to engage engineers from multiple teams to troubleshoot issues. Troubleshoot complex issues that were unable to be remediated by junior and mid-level engineers. Updates status of queued service requests with the IT service management system.
- Provide support for all IT related concerns and technologies (i.e., Windows 10 & 11 O365/M365, Bomgar, Active Directory, Cisco VPN, File/Print Services etc.).
- Perform day-to-day responsibilities utilizing ServiceNow.
- Prioritize and evaluate a variety of technical issues.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of tickets.
- Triage, resolve, and escalate issues to appropriate teams.
- Provide installation, configuration, and break-fix for laptops, desktops, and peripherals.
- Field phone calls or chats throughout the day from internal employees.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience providing desk side support, acting as specializing in troubleshooting complex and advanced end-user issues with hardware and software.
- Must have a broad base of knowledge and be fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing and networking.
- Must possess a High School Diploma. Degree may be substituted with 5 additional years of related experience.
- Essential job functions must include strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. The ability to work in a team environment providing solutions to diagnose and resolve problems. Perform research as necessary to answer questions and resolve issues. Stay current with existing and emerging technologies, changes and updates. Must have a functional understanding of Windows systems, applications, and be able to support the following:
- 4+ years of relevant IT experience demonstrating continuous technical career growth, in Microsoft environments.
- 4+ years of relevant Desktop support experience, responding to incoming calls, email messages, and walk-up customers.
- Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 Operating Systems
- Microsoft O365/M365
- Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers
- Cortex XDR
- Remote VPN Access
- Microsoft file and print services
- Apple Mobile Systems
- Basic to intermediate LAN and WAN Networking
- Remote connections and VPN Access
- DELL and Apple PC hardware
- Remote VPN Access
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust
Microsoft or other professional training or certifications is helpful
HDI Technical Support Professional required within six (6) months of employment.Overview
We are seeking a Sr. Deskside Engineer to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation in Cambridge, MA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Cambridge, MA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.