Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs day-to-day activities required to assist and identify technology solutions that meet enterprise requirements.
- Maps functional requirements into technological requirements and identifies technologies that meet the technological requirements.
- Conducts proof of concept, pilots and demos for the purposes of concept, pilots and demos for the purpose of evaluating the suitability of given technologies for meeting requirements.
- Evaluates the tradeoffs between competing solutions and develops quantitative driven analysis of alternatives.
- Produces written analysis of research and recommendation papers that clearly describe the process followed, alternatives considered, evaluation criteria and rationale for recommendation and need for additional
- Support the existing middleware infrastructure, troubleshoot incidents and outages, manage risk, and increase performance and efficiency. Work with business architects in support of developing middleware configurations.
- Monitor OEM middleware element patching and upgrade recommendations.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware services.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of related experience providing business solutions engineering support, to include architectural design, engineering design, proof of concept development, pilots, analysis, results, and documentation.
- Middleware platform/tools expertise, including Apache Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Web server - middleware integration expertise with Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, and Apache HTTPS
- Database - middleware integration expertise with Oracle
- Cloud integration - middleware integration expertise with AWS and Azure
- Possess experience with Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, Oracle application server, Oracle SOA suite, PHP, Python, IBM Infosphere, node.js, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft IIS, and Redhat JBOSS application platforms.
- Support Application team with troubleshooting application outage issues.
- Understanding of server administration elements as related to middleware applications, including STIG settings.
- Understanding of networking concepts relating to web applications (e.g., TCP/IP, port mapping, routing, DNS masking, etc.)
- Understanding of Oracle and SQL databases in physical and cloud environments as consumed and manipulated by middleware applications.
- Understanding and ability to configure application middleware settings in accordance with Federal Guidelines including DISA STIGs.
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust
We are seeking a Middleware Engineer to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation in Washington, DC.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Washington, DC
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.