Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Risk Management Framework Steps 1-3; collection of system information; selection of required security controls; and implement the security controls as required to achieve system authorization.
- Support RMF step 4 by participating in risk assessments, and aid in the support of POAM remediation.
- Perform continuous monitoring; produce security impact analysis; perform security scans of OS; review vulnerabilities and create and manage POA&Ms in accordance with RMF.
- Develop, deliver, and/or maintain security related artifacts System Security Plan; POA&Ms; Risk Assessment Reports (RAR); Security Assessment Reports (SAR); and SIA.
- Work with IT Staff to ensure Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) are resolved in accordance with RMF.
- High Risk Systems vulnerabilities: Resolved within 30 days of discovery
- Moderate Risk: Resolved within 60 days of discovery
- Low Risk: Resolved within 90 days of discovery
- Attend meetings and perform team collaboration in support of information assurance.
- Assist with IT change management and provide information security recommendations.
- Work with IT Staff to develop and document IT security procedures that align with DTRA security policies and DOD RMF.
- Must have knowledge of NIST 800-37 Rev 1, and NIST 800-53 rev 4.
- Minimum of a Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI.
- DoD 8750 IAT Level III
- Five (5) - Ten (10) years of experience.
- BA/BS degree required
We are seeking an ISSO Technical Officer to support our Prime Contract at Fort Belvoir, VA.Candidates must possess active Top Secret/SCI Clearance and DOD 8570 IAT III
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active Top-Secret Clearance with ability to obtain SCI OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.