Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Accounting
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute to the team, along with the opportunity to grow into a leader? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
We are seeking a highly motivated accountant to join the Controllers Group as a Principal Accounting Associate with a focus on project execution. You will be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced, time sensitive environment. The Controllers Group supports the financial implementation of new products, services, and systems with countless opportunities for knowledge growth. In this role you will:
- Serve as the main point of contact and own various projects in pipeline from the planning phase through delivery and stabilization
- Lead and assist in the development, testing and implementation of project requirements
- Collaborate with several teams across the organization on various corporate initiatives
- Facilitate the consistent use of the Agile methodology for delivering projects
- Present results, findings, risks and recommendations to leadership and stakeholders
- Contribute to Process Improvement through project development and knowledge sharing with a well governed mindset
- Participate in key corporate projects such as technology and data transformation, process improvement, and business initiatives
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to resolve issues and stay connected on process or product changes
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting, or in external financial reporting, or in audit or in finance, or a combination
- At least 1 year of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and reconciliation system experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- At least 1 years of Agile project management experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Jira
- At least 1 year of experience in product management
- At least 2 years of experience in Tableau, Python, or SQL, or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).