Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Talent Assessment (Hybrid)
As a Talent Assessment team member, you'll work closely with Talent Acquisition partners and other I/O Psychologists to design and deliver innovative selection strategies to support our shared business goals. With an emphasis on quantitative and qualitative analysis, you'll support the design, validation, and implementation of assessment tools and processes to help ensure Capital One secures outstanding and diverse talent across our enterprise.
Our ideal candidate will display a strong balance of analytical and problem solving skills, business consulting, and communication competencies as well as the ability to work in a dynamic team environment. You'll be on a team of employee selection subject matter experts and will design, conduct, and document analyses (e.g., adverse impact metrics; sampling plans; validation studies) supporting projects with enterprise-wide impact and specific to lines of business as well.
You'll have the opportunity to consult with Talent Acquisition and other HR partners on selection projects, process improvements, reporting and analysis tools, and other initiatives focused on improving the candidate experience and enabling best practices in the pre-employment assessment space.
As a Talent Assessment team member, your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Successful team members demonstrate competencies in these areas:
- Developing and maintaining large data sets for analyses on various selection and assessment programs
- Serving as an analyst for selection tool evaluation and reporting, including business impact analyses for selection solutions and programs
- Communicating results of statistical analyses, along with their implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Participating in the design, development, validation, testing, and implementation of practical, effective, defensible, and candidate-friendly products and selection tools and processes
- Analysis: Identify opportunities for improvement and use data to make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Execution: Develop and test hypotheses, design solutions, assess operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and develop plans and tools for monitoring outcomes
- Partnership: Collaborate with colleagues across Capital One including: HR, Technology, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive candidate experience improvements and business results.
- Strategic & Analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation.
- Business communication: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, including strong visualization skills (i.e., able to "tell the story" and highlight key insights in a clear and concise manner that is easily understood by stakeholders at all levels across the organization and with varying levels of technical savvy).
- Results focus: Drives for results and achieves important goals applying strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Master's degree
- At least 1 year of employee selection and assessment work experience
- At least 1 year of data analysis experience conducting analyses, and building statistical models in R, Python, or SQL
- At least 1 year of experience in consulting with external or internal clients across a variety of seniority levels and technical experience
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or other technical or quantitative discipline, including but not limited to Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Economics, Behavioral Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Statistics
- 2+ years of employee selection experience
- Knowledge of a variety of employee assessments and methods
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methodologies, including regression, longitudinal analysis, or Bayesian modeling
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in using Google Suite
A t this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).