Summary Systems Integration Engineer, Consultant Ft. Belvoir, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Systems Integration Engineer, Consultant
will support the Army Acquisition community's program office for Base and Emergency Communications Systems (BECS). BECS is responsible for establishing a single integrated acquisition program for the design, procurement, fielding, new equipment training, and life-cycle management of emergency management/critical communications capabilities in support of the installation of public safety organizations and functions, including first responder, force protection, and other installation management functions. This effort encompasses capabilities that deliver Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Enterprise Mass Warning and Notification (EMWN), Land Mobile Radio
(LMR), Next Generation 911 (NG 911), and the First Responder Broadband Network - LTE-5G (FRBN).
The Systems Integration Engineer, Consultant
will have extensive experience in executing the full complement of systems engineering activities from requirements definition to architecture, design, implementation, and test, through deployment and operations and support, implementing the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition life cycle process through the appropriate application of laws, policies, directives, and guidance, and preparing recommendations with sufficient rationale to advise executive leader decisions that enable program success. The Systems Integration Engineer, Consultant must understand requirements definition and traceability (end-to-end process), be able to develop technical system development life cycle documentation, and have the knowledge and skills to define key processes to support all engineering aspects of program management, requirements management, test management, interface management, and baseline management operations, including assessing and overseeing the technical requirements, architecture, design, development, implementation, and test of system solutions, at the data, system, and infrastructure levels. Responsibilities
- Advise the government on current DoD policies and procedures to support major program decisions and recommend strategies and techniques for successful conclusions
- Support all aspects of strategic planning, from the portfolio level to the project level, acquisition planning, system development, and stakeholder management
- Set the conditions for systems engineering execution across the program
- Lead/conduct requirements traceability and analysis, architecture (system, data, technical) design, development, verification and validation, deployment, change management, and transition activities by applying a broad and deep set of engineering expertise
- Ensure compliance with DoD and Army architectures and acquisition policies addressed in DoD 5000 and 8000 series
- Apply DoD systems engineering practices and policies across all activities to ensure developed products are compliant with directives and mandates
- Ensure consistency across engineering and acquisition documentation
- Apply cloud-based data and database technologies, data standards, and best practices while adhering to applicable DoD laws, policies, directives, mandates, and guidance, to include data protection of sensitive information (e.g., Personally Identifiable Information (PII))
- Develop data architecture and design products
- Identify data migration strategies to transition data from legacy systems and technologies to advanced, enterprise-based solutions
- Reconcile data models and de-duplicate data stores where multiple exist
- Define test procedures/scripts and establish associated data sets in support of integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with system interface partners to define data exchanges, develop system interface agreements, develop interface design/description documents, map interfaces and data exchanges within the system / technical / data architectures, conduct interface testing, and coordinate/synchronize program activities
- Perform Enterprise Architecture / Business Process Reengineering activities to assist an organization in analyzing requirements and defining/designing workflows and business processes that optimize mission operations within an information technology solution
- Align engineering activities with program acquisition strategies to include ensuring the schedule is achievable and adequate technical performance measures /controls are in place
- Define/review business process models, architectures, designs, technical specifications, and implementation strategies (e.g., engineering, security, testing, training, deployment)
- Develop/provide key content for acquisition documentation to achieve milestone decisions (e.g., Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) / Technical Management Plan (TMP), System Test Plan, Cost Analysis Requirements Description (CARD), DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) Viewpoints (e.g., OVs, SVs, DIVs), Cybersecurity Strategy))
- Lead key processes, to include Requirements Management, Release Management, and Configuration Management
- Lead systems engineering aspects of contract procurement planning, solicitation, award, and performance monitoring
- Manage, develop, assess, and process engineering change proposals and requests, including performing technical analyses/feasibility studies and identifying system impacts associated with new requirements, and requirements changes
- Develop release plans aligned to capability priorities
- Lead Systems Engineering Working Integrated Product Teams (WIPTs)
- Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports, and/or white papers
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's degree required
- 16+ years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge and application of DoD 5000 and 8000 series and Business Enterprise Architecture
- Working knowledge of the following: Two-way wireless communications systems, public safety grade data, broadband networks, and next-generation Emergency 911 systems
- Working knowledge of Oracle's PeopleSoft application
- 5+ years of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) support
- Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Broad and deep set of engineering expertise
- Extensive experience in aligning systems engineering activities throughout the acquisition program life cycle phases
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, and communication skills
- Strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen and understand task descriptions and requests
- Ability to explain problem resolutions
- Ability to quickly respond to time-critical queries from leadership
- Work independently without direct supervision or guidance
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition T eam
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program