Summary Senior Network Planning Analyst Natick, MA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For nearly a decade, Chenega Technical Innovations (CTI) has been an industry leader in the federal small business marketplace, providing agencies and commercial customers tomorrow's solutions in Integration and IT. Today, CTI possesses hundreds of employees and dozens of operations, integrating federal and DoD programs and capabilities around the world.
United States Army - Natick Soldier Systems Center (NSSC) - Network Enterprise Center-Natick (NEC-N) located in Natick, Massachusetts, has a requirement for Information Technology (IT) services to support NSSC customers. NSSC is the Army's one-stop Soldier support center and is responsible for researching, developing, fielding, and managing food, clothing, shelters, airdrop systems and other soldier support items. On these networks, the NSSC Science and Technology community utilizes non-standard software and hardware that is not usually found on standard Army operational networks.
The Senior Network Planning Analyst
will monitor existing network infrastructure and ensure proper operation of all wired and wireless network equipment from a variety of vendors, including Cisco, Nortel/Avaya, Brocade, Juniper and Aruba. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Senior Network Planning Analyst
within our Natick
team, you will:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and repair complex network problems.
- Provide Information Assurance (IA) support to ensure all network-specific hardware meets standard configurations guidelines per DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and receive all Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) security updates.
- Update and maintain network architecture diagram and provide technical assistance for the DoD Certification and Accreditation Training and Certification Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditations.
- Coordinate and work closely with customer resources to manage and implement any adds, moves, or changes to the architecture and monitor and troubleshoot communication issues.
- Perform surveys, analyze and evaluate the performance and functionality of the customer backbone infrastructure; and provide recommendations on improving performance and functionality.
- Rapidly detect and resolve component and system failures and errors; operate and maintain the network and systems; install and replace network software and hardware; manage and administrator IDs, passwords, and user profiles; and perform first-echelon maintenance, including following power-off procedures to protect the system during emergency situations.
- Troubleshooting support as needed.
- JRSS performance monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network including routers, switches, firewall and VPN.
- Monitor and update wireless infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain Cisco ACS authentication services.
- Participate in meetings as required for C4IM services including project planning and after-action reviews, etc.
- Provide research and design for future technology requirements.
- Provide oversight/training to junior staff.
- Assist with the maintenance of documentation related to networking design, data flow, and configuration.
- Provide regular communication and project status of assigned tasks, time-critical activities, project issues, and any evolving risks to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- 12+ years of combined experience and training may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Experience includes installing, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting data network systems, including GigE, switching, hubs, routing, wireless technology, protocols, and protocol analyzers.
- Possess Baseline and Full Computing Environment Certifications for IAT-II IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002.
- Must have CCNA or BCNE certification.
- Must have Secret Clearance with SSBI.
How you'll grow
- Desired CCNP routing and switching certification.
- Ability to train and/or mentor junior staff and other Government or contractoremployees.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or as on-call support.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Possess and maintain a valid state operator's license.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Technical Innovations, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program