Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Cardiac Physician Assistant who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Cardiac Physician Assistant, you will:
• Provide visualization of the operative site by: Appropriate placement and securing of retractors; packing with sponges and/or lap. packs; Manipulation of tissues; suctioning, sponging and/or irrigating.
• Utilize appropriate techniques to assist with hemostasis by: Permanent: Clamping and /or cauterizing vessels or tissue; tying and /or ligating clamped vessels or tissues; applying hemostatic clips; Placing local hemostatic agents.
• Assist the OR team in setting up the operating room for surgical procedures, •collaborates with the surgical team in selecting the appropriate equipment and positioning devices for the surgery. Anticipates additional instrument and supplies needed during the procedure. Aiding in room turnovers and set up for procedures.
• Collaborate with the surgical team when positioning the patient, making certain the body is in proper alignment, pressure points are padded, circulation and nerve impingement are not compromised and the position provides exposure for the surgical procedure and anesthesia access
• Coordinate the day's work and events and work closely with the Assistant Chief and Chief Surgical Assistant on a daily basis.
• Assist with the pre-and post- operative care of the cardiac surgical patient
• Graduate of approved AMA Physician Assistant Program
• 5-7 years' experience required as a Cardiac Surgical PA in an active cardiac program
• Board eligible or have passed the National Certification Examination for • • Physician Assistants
• Certification by the Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance and approval of their job description by the Maryland State Board of Physician quality Assurance
• Active American Heart Association BLS certification
• Must become Affiliate Member of the Medical Staff and comply with applicable by-laws, rules, and regulations of the Medical Staff and such policies and procedures approved by the Executive Committee may apply
• Must maintain 100 hours of certified continuing medical education every 2 years for continued employment
Full-Time Day shift, with on call requirementAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.